DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: COVID-19 Vaccine
PostPosted: December 10th, 2020, 9:30 pm 

Results thus far.

Facial paralysis after taking vaccine in UK.
HIV Positive tests after taking vaccine in Australia.

I am not going to be guinea pig. I will wait for 4-6 months.

Post subject: Re: COVID-19 Vaccine
PostPosted: December 10th, 2020, 10:09 pm 

Not me, I will be first in line if I could.
I signed up to be part of the testing but was never called.

PostPosted: December 10th, 2020, 10:51 pm 

The vaccine developed in Australia was safe.

'But UQ researchers working on the trials involving 216 people found the vaccine generated additional antibodies that tripped up some HIV tests, leading to false-positive results in those tests.'

This vaccine development has been abandoned to maintain public confidence in the development process.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-11/covid19-vaccine-csl-uq-hiv-element-what-went-wrong/12973952

Australia will not commence vaccination until at least March of next year. The virus has been eliminated from the general population except for travellers who have returned from overseas and are quarantined for two weeks in hotels. Occasionally there is an outbreak as some worker at a quarantine hotel catches the virus and starts to spread it in the general community. The tracing systems are now good enough to quickly identify those who come into contact with the infected person.

Whenever I go into a restaurant, bar, library, meeting etc, I have to fill out my contact details or scan a QR code.

Consequently, there is no need to vaccinate the population immediately and it makes sense to wait until more is learned about the effects of the vaccination in other countries.

Meanwhile, back in Cecil County MD where I used to live, the latest count of cases is 2697. It will probably be at 3500 by Xmas based on the past two weeks increases. When I left on July 24, it was 577.

My stuff is getting closer. It's on its way by truck from Melbourne to Brisbane. and yesterday I bought a soldering iron. Since I have some 6V6's and 6550s, I may build Roscoe's screen driven amp.

ray

PostPosted: December 11th, 2020, 10:37 am 

Ray,

How can you consider the Aussie vaccine safe when it triggering unexpected responses according to the article you linked?

PostPosted: December 11th, 2020, 10:56 am 

Pfizer Vaccine.

FDA now says it may not approve for pregnant woman.

In EU, ex Pfizer chief of allergy research to stop the trials as the vaccine causes infertility in woman.

https://www.scribd.com/document/4871350 ... h-Exhibits

PostPosted: December 11th, 2020, 11:43 am 

When Fauci gets the vaccine I'll consider it.

PostPosted: December 11th, 2020, 12:08 pm 

Cogito wrote:
Pfizer Vaccine.

FDA now says it may not approve for pregnant woman.

In EU, ex Pfizer chief of allergy research to stop the trials as the vaccine causes infertility in woman.

https://www.scribd.com/document/4871350 ... h-Exhibits

So does death from the virus.

PostPosted: December 11th, 2020, 4:34 pm 

Cogito wrote:
Ray,

How can you consider the Aussie vaccine safe when it triggering unexpected responses according to the article you linked?

The vaccine did not give you HIV. It was developed using HIV antibodies and the problem was that traces of the antibodies got into your blood stream. If you were then tested for HIV, the presence of antibodies would give a false positive even though you did not have HIV. More about it below.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-11/covid19-vaccine-csl-uq-hiv-element-what-went-wrong/12973952

ray

PostPosted: December 11th, 2020, 5:23 pm 

ratbagp wrote:
Cogito wrote:
Ray,

The vaccine did not give you HIV. It was developed point using HIV antibodies and the problem was that traces of the antibodies got into your blood stream. If you were then tested for HIV, the presence of antibodies would give a false positive even though you did not have HIV. More about it below.

ray

While that might be true, it’s an attempt to explain the likely cause, not a scientific statement. The researchers decided to abandon the vaccine before any scientific investigation, which says a lot.

My point is, how do we know if a vaccine is safe?

PostPosted: December 11th, 2020, 6:09 pm 

216 volunteers were tested, some with the vaccine, the rest with a placebo. The only problem discovered was the HIV antibody issue. I suspect that if the antibody issue had not occurred, further volunteers would have been tested before a final decision was made prior to vaccinating the general population in March next year.

I doubt that vaccination will be compulsory in Oz next year, but the vast majority of Australians will be fine with being vaccinated for two reasons. The first is that there is a very strong sense of community responsibility. The success of the months-long lockdown in Victoria is proof of that. The second is that a vaccination certificate will probably be required to travel overseas and Aussies love to travel.

ray