A place to buy and sell audio gear and parts. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Re: WANTED: HIGH QUALITY 4uF 100V+ caps

October 27th, 2015, 3:42 pm

tomp wrote:A blast from the past. I have two 8uf 200V Wonder Caps if you are interested.

Tom

No, thank you though.

October 27th, 2015, 5:06 pm

Screened for the lowest values and matched in a pair -- $25.00.

All I need is your address.

Or if you feel like taking a drive you come here.

October 27th, 2015, 5:10 pm

SoundMods wrote:Screened for the lowest values and matched in a pair -- $25.00.

All I need is your address.

Or if you feel like taking a drive you come here.

Friday evening I'll be going home up RT. 83, not far from Parkville. Maybe one night this week also. I could save the postage!

Thanks,

If you like, PM me your address and phone number

Stuart

November 1st, 2015, 12:27 pm

Stuart Polansky wrote:
SoundMods wrote:I have a cache of 5-ufd/350-wvdc Electronics Concepts caps that in my experience surpass any of the so-called audio-phile caps. Their self-resonance is out beyond 250-kHz.

I can provide you with matched pairs. At 8-ohms the difference in the -3-db crossover point is only 750-Hz. (4,750-Hz -- 4-ufd vs. 4,000-Hz -- 5-ufd).

I can even sort for the lowest values within tolerance to get you closer if you like -- although I found that some overlap works best.

I wouldn't mind auditioning a pair, if you're amenable. If I like them I'd buy them, if the price is right.....

BTW, I'm using 2nd order Butterworth filters: 4.0uF & 0.51mH for 3500, so even 4.7uF & 0.51 = moves me to 3250Hz, a little low. If there are ~4.5uF caps in the bunch, it might be better.

Thanks

Stuart

A bit spendy, but I have settled on Mundorf Supremes for coupling caps (just plain Supremes). For the money they are always sweet and detailed without obvious colorations. For less money, the Cornell-Dubilier 940C series are very smooth and even-handed.

November 1st, 2015, 1:30 pm

Hey Stuart!

I sent my information via the personal message. Did you ever get it?

November 2nd, 2015, 9:26 am

SoundMods wrote:Hey Stuart!

I sent my information via the personal message. Did you ever get it?

Sorry Walt,

I thought I did respond to you. My bad. I did get your info.

My week was nuts. I should have the time to amble up there this week. I will call ahead to be sure it's not an inconvenience.

Thanks again,

Stuart

November 2nd, 2015, 9:31 am

Grover Gardner wrote:
Stuart Polansky wrote:
SoundMods wrote:I have a cache of 5-ufd/350-wvdc Electronics Concepts caps that in my experience surpass any of the so-called audio-phile caps. Their self-resonance is out beyond 250-kHz.

I can provide you with matched pairs. At 8-ohms the difference in the -3-db crossover point is only 750-Hz. (4,750-Hz -- 4-ufd vs. 4,000-Hz -- 5-ufd).

I can even sort for the lowest values within tolerance to get you closer if you like -- although I found that some overlap works best.

I wouldn't mind auditioning a pair, if you're amenable. If I like them I'd buy them, if the price is right.....

BTW, I'm using 2nd order Butterworth filters: 4.0uF & 0.51mH for 3500, so even 4.7uF & 0.51 = moves me to 3250Hz, a little low. If there are ~4.5uF caps in the bunch, it might be better.

Thanks

Stuart

A bit spendy, but I have settled on Mundorf Supremes for coupling caps (just plain Supremes). For the money they are always sweet and detailed without obvious colorations. For less money, the Cornell-Dubilier 940C series are very smooth and even-handed.

Appreciated Grover.

I found that Sonicraft sells the 3.9uF for "only" $26 each. I may have to suck it up and buy them.....

Stuart

November 2nd, 2015, 9:38 am

What is the cheapest source for Mundorf, PPFX, Duelund, AuricapXO, & Modwright caps?

I know about Parts Connexion and Sonicraft. I know the Homemade electronics sells some PPFX cheaply. Are there cheaper sources?

I can only imagine the markup on these caps.

Stuart

November 2nd, 2015, 10:24 am

I will not be available Friday or Thursday. I'll have to QC the caps to give you the matched pair with as low a value as possible. Although the ECs are usually tight.

When they once had a "Candy Shop" in New Jersey (where they sold out of tolerance production at factory cost) even that stuff was tight. It was a sad day for me when they stopped the practice.

But once in a while some of their goodies show up on eBay.

November 2nd, 2015, 2:48 pm

Madisound, PartsExpress have some of them. I got some Audyn Copper caps recently that I need to install, and some Clarity Cap MRs.
Madisound has most of the Mundorf line, but not the latest/greatest EVO models.
https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/supreme-caps/mundorf-3.9-mfd-supreme-caps/

Stuart Polansky wrote:What is the cheapest source for Mundorf, PPFX, Duelund, AuricapXO, & Modwright caps?

I know about Parts Connexion and Sonicraft. I know the Homemade electronics sells some PPFX cheaply. Are there cheaper sources?

I can only imagine the markup on these caps.

Stuart
Post a reply