DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: COVID-19 Vaccine
PostPosted: December 11th, 2020, 7:31 pm 

I still want to be first in line

PostPosted: December 11th, 2020, 10:40 pm 

Shashi,

I don't know why you continue to troll hot button issues. Seriously, what's the deal?

Roscoe locked your last Covid-19 thread (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1670) so I can't quote it via the quote button, but here's an example of your thoughts from that thread, on July 15th, 2020, 7:51 pm:

"...Bet is what happens to this virus after Nov 4th. I say you won’t hear about it after 4th.

Game on ?..."

Or how about this, on July 15th, 2020, 6:26 pm

"...I statement is based on my observations.

I will bet a dinner, this virus will magically disappear on Nov 4th, unless SCOTUS rules against mail-in ballot voting for ALL before then.

On the subject of anti-body results, we have known Coronavirus infections since mid-1960s..."

It's after the 4th and now we're killing 2500-3000 US citizens per day, not several hundred as in July. That number of deaths is only happening because of divisive political rhetoric, and conspiracy theories. That's more deaths per day than Japan has lost in total, since March.

What are you hoping to accomplish with these threads? Enlightenment? Are you bored? Lonely? What?

Oh, and you owe us all a dinner at the next Capfest, if there is another one.

PostPosted: December 12th, 2020, 1:21 am 

I don't trust the so-called numbers on infections and deaths. But, Sashi is right about it being politicized.

People are all worried about a vaccine: would you trust (and consume) something made up in a few months?

PostPosted: December 12th, 2020, 9:00 am 

mix4fix wrote:
I don't trust the so-called numbers on infections and deaths. But, Sashi is right about it being politicized.

People are all worried about a vaccine: would you trust (and consume) something made up in a few months?

Depends on the extent of the effort put into the product. If it is backed by previous research, worked on by lots of qualified people, and run through double blind tests, then yes. A big problem with our current culture is that everyone expects things to be perfect. Good luck with that philosophy. Our news, whether by mainstream media or social media relies on sensationalism to attract followers.

When people say that a vaccine should not be given to a class of people because a few people have had an allergic reaction, you have to ask yourself how many people in the same time period had an allergic reaction because they got a bee sting or ate the wrong foods. That is what Epi pens are for. But no, the media has to extrapolate and blow it all out of proportion. The real question is how many people with allergies have died from the virus. I don't have the numbers but I can guarantee you it is several orders of magnitude greater.

PostPosted: December 12th, 2020, 7:08 pm 

Jim G wrote:
Shashi,

I don't know why you continue to troll hot button issues. Seriously, what's the deal?

Roscoe locked your last Covid-19 thread (http://www.dcaudiodiy.com/phpBB3/viewto ... f=5&t=1670) so I can't quote it via the quote button, but here's an example of your thoughts from that thread, on July 15th, 2020, 7:51 pm:

"...Bet is what happens to this virus after Nov 4th. I say you won’t hear about it after 4th.

Game on ?..."

Or how about this, on July 15th, 2020, 6:26 pm

"...I statement is based on my observations.

I will bet a dinner, this virus will magically disappear on Nov 4th, unless SCOTUS rules against mail-in ballot voting for ALL before then.

On the subject of anti-body results, we have known Coronavirus infections since mid-1960s..."

It's after the 4th and now we're killing 2500-3000 US citizens per day, not several hundred as in July. That number of deaths is only happening because of divisive political rhetoric, and conspiracy theories. That's more deaths per day than Japan has lost in total, since March.

What are you hoping to accomplish with these threads? Enlightenment? Are you bored? Lonely? What?

Oh, and you owe us all a dinner at the next Capfest, if there is another one.

Jim,

That was mostly a political thread, this is a scientific thread.

The reference to Nov 4th was based the elections would be over on Nov 3rd and we would have a winner declared on. Of 4th. Now, it looks like we have to wait until Jan 20th to know who will be next POTUS. Let’s not indulge politics here.

Regarding COVID-19 deaths, a poor tropical country of India has pretty much returned to normal life. No COVID issues in Africa, or any country where financial incentives are given for COVID treatment. Few weeks ago, CDC admitted only about 6% of the so-called COVID deaths in US are really caused by COVID.

Back to vaccine,
If we avoid talking about hot button topics, would the COVID-19 Vaccines become safer, or talking about their safety concerns lead to safer vaccines?

PostPosted: December 12th, 2020, 7:43 pm 

Cogito wrote:
Jim G wrote:

That was mostly a political thread, this is a scientific thread.

The reference to Nov 4th was based the elections would be over on Nov 3rd and we would have a winner declared on. Of 4th. Now, it looks like we have to wait until Jan 20th to know who will be next POTUS. Let’s not indulge politics here.

Regarding COVID-19 deaths, a poor tropical country of India has pretty much returned to normal life. No COVID issues in Africa, or any country where financial incentives are given for COVID treatment. Few weeks ago, CDC admitted only about 6% of the so-called COVID deaths in US are really caused by COVID.

Back to vaccine,
If we avoid talking about hot button topics, would the COVID-19 Vaccines become safer, or talking about their safety concerns lead to safer vaccines?

If you thought the winner of the election would be known on the 4th, you were not watching any of the news channels. None of them said it was likely that a winner would be called then and in fact many said it would be several weeks before it was sorted out.

As far as discussing the vaccine and waiting for the "perfect" solution, in the meantime people are dying at a rate over 3,000 per day in the US. A less than perfect vaccine is a lot better than none.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2020, 4:21 am 

Can we please put a lid on these off-topic threads? This is not what I follow this forum for. I wouldn't care except that it shows up in the daily digest, which is the only way I know to keep up with the interesting things people are working on. It's super-annoying. It wouldn't be tolerated on Audiokarma or DIYAudio or Audiophilestyle, and it's not clear to me why it's allowed here.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2020, 4:42 am 

Either that, or create a "Non-Audio Discussion" forum and allow me to exclude it from my digest settings. Thank you.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2020, 5:26 am 

"General Discussion" sounds like an off topic section.

The problem isn't the discussion. It is people who have to cross the line in the discussion (like wishing people getting shot).

PostPosted: December 13th, 2020, 9:39 am 

There is always the choice to read or not to read
Or respond or not respond

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next