DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Any gun owners
PostPosted: November 26th, 2020, 10:05 pm 

I thing Tom P. is a gun enthusiast, I think he is a serious competitive target shooter. You can probably have a good conversation with him. I don't own one, never will, but do not see anything wrong with guns for sporting purposes. I just don't like to see guns used against people, for intimidation, or for penis enlargement.

David

PostPosted: November 26th, 2020, 11:23 pm 

David McGown wrote:
I thing Tom P. is a gun enthusiast, I think he is a serious competitive target shooter. You can probably have a good conversation with him. I don't own one, never will, but do not see anything wrong with guns for sporting purposes. I just don't like to see guns used against people, for intimidation, or for penis enlargement.

David

I have shot competition bullseye pistol for many years which is a very precise and disciplined form of competition. I am also a Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor and served for many years on the Montgomery County Firearm Safety Committee. Most of that will come to an end now that I am in PA as I can't find anyone around here that has bullseye competition. Lots of firearms competition but of different types. I do not consider myself a gun enthusiast as I don't own lots of firearms and the ones I do are purpose built for specific competition. I am not a hunter but have killed lots of paper targets.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2020, 12:20 am 

David McGown wrote:
I don't own one, never will, but do not see anything wrong with guns for sporting purposes. I just don't like to see guns used against people, for intimidation, or for penis enlargement.

David

Agree 100%. Also, I have no interest in hunting as it involves taking life.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2020, 12:27 am 

Tom, are you experienced with Glock 19?
Yesterday, I tried FN 509 and Glock 19. I found Glock more difficult to aim.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2020, 1:11 am 

Cogito wrote:

Sashi,

IMHO. there are probably two factors that contributed to your initial experience: Grip Angle and Sight Picture.

Here's a good post about grip angles: http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?140421-22-degree-grip-angle-of-the-glock-and-18-degree-Non-OEM-frames
Lots of people don't like the 22 degree Glock grip angle at first, but it's easy to get used to it, as Gabriel Suarez points out. Remember that name.......

Lots of people also have some difficulty when they first encounter the typical Glock sights. Again, you can get used to it - millions of people have.

FWIW, lots of people REALLY like the latest FN pistols, with good reason IMHO. They are both high quality products, but the Glock has two deviations from standard design practice that have an impact on the user interface which is immediately noticeable. They are not deal breakers, but as you experienced they really stand out when you first start using it.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2020, 1:35 am 

In Australia, 'real men' don't have gun racks. They have snorkels.

upload pic

Of course, it must be on a large Toyota SUV suitable for cruising the outback. Panty-waist Fords need not apply.

To finish it off, bullbar, lights and fishing rod holders are essential. Of course, you need a fridge inside for the beer.

You might notice the sails above the parking lot provide shade. They are very effective.

My stuff is halfway between New Zealand and Melbourne. Maybe I can start building by Xmas.

ray

PostPosted: November 27th, 2020, 8:43 am 

This board really needs a "like" button...............and maybe a "dislike" one as well. Although I can't imagine hoping that anyone were to shoot himself, in the gonads, or otherwise. That is just evil.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2020, 8:59 am 

I agree with Paul that topics like firearms should be taken to private messaging. If anyone wants to continue the discussion with me regarding things like grip angles, etc. please use PM.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2020, 10:22 am 

tomp wrote:
David McGown wrote:

David

I have shot competition bullseye pistol for many years which is a very precise and disciplined form of competition. I am also a Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor and served for many years on the Montgomery County Firearm Safety Committee. Most of that will come to an end now that I am in PA as I can't find anyone around here that has bullseye competition. Lots of firearms competition but of different types. I do not consider myself a gun enthusiast as I don't own lots of firearms and the ones I do are purpose built for specific competition. I am not a hunter but have killed lots of paper targets.

I used to but it got too expensive -- at one time I was able to buy NOS NATO ammo for $20/100 rounds -- then it started climbing. When it hit $1/round I threw in the towel. I sold everything but but my home protection piece.

Besides -- my audio hobby is a lot more fun for me even though I hold a Small Arms Expert ribbon from the military. (I had to get that in)

PostPosted: November 27th, 2020, 10:50 am 

FerdinandII wrote:
Cogito wrote:

Sashi,

IMHO. there are probably two factors that contributed to your initial experience: Grip Angle and Sight Picture.

Here's a good post about grip angles: http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?140421-22-degree-grip-angle-of-the-glock-and-18-degree-Non-OEM-frames
Lots of people don't like the 22 degree Glock grip angle at first, but it's easy to get used to it, as Gabriel Suarez points out. Remember that name.......

Lots of people also have some difficulty when they first encounter the typical Glock sights. Again, you can get used to it - millions of people have.

FWIW, lots of people REALLY like the latest FN pistols, with good reason IMHO. They are both high quality products, but the Glock has two deviations from standard design practice that have an impact on the user interface which is immediately noticeable. They are not deal breakers, but as you experienced they really stand out when you first start using it.

Excellent resource, I go thru it. Thanks.

With Glock, I am shooting low. If I align the bottom of front sight with top of rear sight, I am shooting straight. Glock’s trigger vastly different than 509, maybe that is contributing. I will try again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next