DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: June 29th, 2020, 12:26 pm 

mix4fix wrote:
I eat out everyday: WaWa/Sheetz/Royal Farms, Guapos, Italian Deli's, and some fast food.

And some fast food?

PostPosted: June 29th, 2020, 12:46 pm 

I cut down the consumption of specific companies/brands for boycotting reasons. Used to have Subway regularly, but it was not like I was eating burger and fries every meal. Deli's have better subs, taco's/chicken from Guapo's (ones near me are quick serve and not sit down), hot off the grill Japanese hibachi, etc. There are options to eat in the van, plus they are opening up outside seating.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2020, 2:35 pm 

Pelliott321 wrote:
....and now that my gym is back open I am going practically every day. but I keep my distance and do not talk to anyone.
I'm in the age group that once you get infected it can get very bad.

Now, I was with you..... up until this point. Do you not see the irony of saying:
Pelliott321 wrote:
I would love to come but I still believe in protecting myself and others from spreading COVID-19.

and then going to an indoor gymnasium every day where everyone is breathing hard and are probably breathing recycled air? I know I wouldn't go to Shashi's now, if you were coming! ;-)

PostPosted: June 29th, 2020, 2:46 pm 

Jim G wrote:
Pelliott321 wrote:
....and now that my gym is back open I am going practically every day. but I keep my distance and do not talk to anyone.
I'm in the age group that once you get infected it can get very bad.

Now, I was with you..... up until this point. Do you not see the irony of saying:
Pelliott321 wrote:
I would love to come but I still believe in protecting myself and others from spreading COVID-19.

and then going to an indoor gymnasium every day where everyone is breathing hard and are probably breathing recycled air? I know I wouldn't go to Shashi's now, if you were coming! ;-)

Good point! :sick:

PostPosted: June 29th, 2020, 2:55 pm 

I am never near anybody. Everyone keeps their distance

PostPosted: June 29th, 2020, 3:05 pm 

mix4fix wrote:
I cut down the consumption of specific companies/brands for boycotting reasons. Used to have Subway regularly, but it was not like I was eating burger and fries every meal. Deli's have better subs, taco's/chicken from Guapo's (ones near me are quick serve and not sit down), hot off the grill Japanese hibachi, etc. There are options to eat in the van, plus they are opening up outside seating.

And -- you are still alive to talk about it -- a diet maybe -- a healthy diet?-- NO WAY!
But, I guess you want to live quick - die young - and have a decent looking corpse. :crazy:

PostPosted: June 29th, 2020, 3:26 pm 

All risk is a tradeoff and we all have different factors that influence our decisions. The key thing is to think about what you are planning to do and weigh up those factors.

I go to the local hospital every month for a five day week of infusions. I figure that the risk involved in going there is outweighed by not going because I am getting fresh immunoglobulin each visit which is essential for my mobility. Some cancer cases might make a different decision. Incidentally, I am checked for temperature each time I attend before I go down the corridor to the infusion center and my name is checked from a list. I also sing a quiet performance of Happy Birthday while I wash my hands in the bathroom. Hearing no applause, I do it again with increased feeling but with the same result. Perhaps it is the mask that interferes. I also perform on exiting the hospital. The nurses in the center take suitable precautions and also thoroughly clean the chair etc after I exit. So far, they are all well.

My trip to Sydney is scary, but I have tried to minimize the risks. Our first flight leaves BWI at 7 am and goes direct to SFO. The transit time is 90 minutes before the next plane takes off for Sydney. Total time is about 22 hours. I have picked our seats but may change them closer to the date of the flight.

The really scary bit is getting off the plane and eventually arriving at the quarantine hotel. People are anxious and I am concerned that social distancing may not be as it should. The air on the planes should be well filtered, but who knows what the air filtering will be on the buses that take all the passengers and luggage to the quarantine hotel. I plan to get some disposable gloves from the infusion center just before we leave.

However, that is the risk I must take. By mid-August when I get to our unit overlooking the ocean, life will have returned to normal in that area. Queensland has 5 million people with 1067 cases and 6 deaths. I shudder to think what the USA will be like by then.

ray

PostPosted: June 29th, 2020, 3:39 pm 

The flight (stuck in a tube for unknown hours breathing recycled air from strangers) is probably the worse thing out there.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2020, 3:57 pm 

This article is interesting about flying. The main problem is not the air but the tray table.

https://www.insider.com/what-are-health-risks-plane-air-travel-2020-6

There is a chance that we may be upgraded into a better than cattle class section with less crowding. The flight from SFO to Sydney will only have Australian citizens and dependents on it because of strict entry requirements into Australia. There will be no US tourists and that will continue until a vaccine becomes available.

ray

PostPosted: June 29th, 2020, 4:28 pm 

I am just following doctor's orders. He approved going to the Gym as long as I stay away from everybody.
I'm way too fat need to loose 40 pounds or i WILL DIE

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next