DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: May 29th, 2020, 10:38 pm 

Cogito wrote:
....Preamp, Amp, DAC, Cables and room..... IOW everything except the speaker could be the problem.

You are taking this hobby too seriously Jim.

Shashi,

Those products are what Spacial was showing the speakers with at least in the room I was in. Berning amplification, Innuous server, Lampizator dac, Anti-Cables. Possibly the synergy Walt mentioned, if that combination created the magic at the shows.

He's got some of the pieces already or on order now. I was just suggesting borrowing the couple other pieces to recreate the sound he liked that lead to the speaker purchase.

It's much harder to put together a system you'll love from scratch than it is to replicate one you loved when you heard it. Any of those missing pieces could be what's calling attention to the tweeter in a way that wasn't a problem at the shows.

PostPosted: May 30th, 2020, 12:53 am 

Jim G wrote:
Cogito wrote:
....Preamp, Amp, DAC, Cables and room..... IOW everything except the speaker could be the problem.

You are taking this hobby too seriously Jim.

Shashi,

Those products are what Spacial was showing the speakers with at least in the room I was in. Berning amplification, Innuous server, Lampizator dac, Anti-Cables. Possibly the synergy Walt mentioned, if that combination created the magic at the shows.

He's got some of the pieces already or on order now. I was just suggesting borrowing the couple other pieces to recreate the sound he liked that lead to the speaker purchase.

It's much harder to put together a system you'll love from scratch than it is to replicate one you loved when you heard it. Any of those missing pieces could be what's calling attention to the tweeter in a way that wasn't a problem at the shows.

That is 100% correct! Paul is dealing with an issue that I could have created when working part-time at JS Audio. When I had spare time in the shop I would do some systems integration and several times created systems that did some magical things. Joe Stromic (the JS in JS Audio) would get pissed at me have me tear it down. WHY? He did not want his systems to sound better in the shop than they could at a customer's home. Now I get it.

PostPosted: May 30th, 2020, 7:27 am 

Nothing has changed in the room but the speaker. What I have been listening to for the past five years are OB speakers. The new speakers are OB(except for the tweeter). What my concerns are a very small part of what I am hearing. Basically this is a very good speaker. I think many would think so.
After another listen today After completing the manufacturer’s suggesting. I will put back the Quads for a reality check.
I am sure this was a bad place to have brought up this subject since the majority of the group is very prejudiced against any commercial product.
I chose not to bring it up in manufacturer’s thread on AudioCircle. Because the fan boy’s over there are prejudiced in the other direction.

PostPosted: May 30th, 2020, 7:40 am 

Shashi
No that is not me in the picture, I did hear that room and it again was very good.
I have been following this Manufacturer for a long time and have always liked his speakers.
The speakers I heard at CAF and Florida were the first ones that fit into my $10k to $15k budget and had the sound that I require.
There were very few commercial speakers I have heard in the past few In the $5k range that came close to fit my desires of what music should sound like in my space.
You’d guys are not following what I am trying to do.
I need a system that sounds good, that the audio public will respect as a reference to judge equipment and write reviews. It’s is quite difficult. I has to satisfy me and the world.
Probably an impossibility. I will probably have to make compromises along the way that I would not otherwise do if this was just going to be a personal system.

PostPosted: May 30th, 2020, 8:28 am 

Pelliott321 wrote:
Nothing has changed in the room but the speaker....

Yes, but because of that, other things may need to change to get the desired results. Since you've heard the magic from those speakers, duplicating that experience by using the same equipment/cables seems like the logical place to start, to me. I don't have the technical knowledge of others here, but I know if you change your speakers, all bets are off with the supporting equipment.

No problem with an all commercial system to me. Mine are also.

PostPosted: May 30th, 2020, 8:40 am 

I think I am giving up here
Thanks for you time and efforts.

PostPosted: May 30th, 2020, 8:43 am 

Sounds like at subconscious level you are expecting the the speakers to recreate quad experience which is closely tied up with you home listening room. At audio shows, no such problem and hence you might have been more objective.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6