DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2020, 8:04 pm 

McIntosh MR-71 - SOLD

After reading the recent posts in regard to modding the Mr-71 and MR-67, I thought there may be some interest in this here. The MR-71 is in nice shape with some minimal marks in the black behind the glass faceplate. There is also some dust behind the glass on the tuner display. The only work that has been done to is the replacement of two electrolytic caps in the power supply. It also has the original manual and panlocs. The tuner sounds nice but I rarely listen to FM.

Pictures at the link below:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2bmnf69tht79fx1/AABHxHIBps_Iz7pxCTZMGUhNa?dl=0

Thanks,

KC

Last edited by kcdonahue on November 17th, 2020, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2020, 10:12 pm 

kcdonahue wrote:
McIntosh MR-71 - $500​

After reading the recent posts in regard to modding the Mr-71 and MR-67, I thought there may be some interest in this here. The MR-71 is in nice shape with some minimal marks in the black behind the glass faceplate. There is also some dust behind the glass on the tuner display. The only work that has been done to is the replacement of two electrolytic caps in the power supply. It also has the original manual and panlocs. The tuner sounds nice but I rarely listen to FM.

Pictures at the link below:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2bmnf69tht79fx1/AABHxHIBps_Iz7pxCTZMGUhNa?dl=0

Thanks,

KC

NICE! If I didn't have my MR-67 I'd go for this MR-71. Tuners of this vintage for some reason end up with grime and rust. I got lucky with mine and it appears someone can get lucky with this MR-71. These tuners were compared with the almighty Marantz 10B -- tuner royalty. :clap: