DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: October 28th, 2019, 2:41 pm 

Good for me as well, thanks.

Jim

PostPosted: October 28th, 2019, 2:54 pm 

16th works for me.

Ray

PostPosted: November 4th, 2019, 1:27 pm 

Nov 16 works for me.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2019, 8:45 am 

Just returned from Glasgow, Scotland last night and this morning had a chance to talk about the meet the weekend of Nov 16-17 with my wife. Based on that conversation, I believe it would be best to postpone a meet until after the Thanksgiving holidays, i.e., sometime in early December. In explanation, my wife has been putting in 60 to 80 hour weeks at work over the past few months, between writing proposals, finalizing an important research paper that she is principal author on for an IEEE journal, supporting remote field activities, as well as her normal work activities. She is at her absolute limit and just does not have any energy left to support me having a session over here. Fortunately for her, the push will be over in a few days, but she needs a good long recovery period, and is planning to take the entire Thanksgiving week off to recharge. Frankly, I am a bit tired myself from the travel, and I am preparing for a music workshop and masterclass the following weekend in Philadelphia. So November is much busier than I expected.

Sorry for the mixed signals on this, my excitement in sharing my new project has been overwhelmed by practicality. May be able to support a private listen, but not a full meet until December. Will send PM invites in that case.

David

PostPosted: November 7th, 2019, 9:02 am 

The 16th should work for me.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2019, 9:48 am 

No Problem. December gets pretty busy but please let us know some dates.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2019, 11:09 am 

December works for me too!

PostPosted: November 7th, 2019, 11:35 am 
Site Admin

Do what's right for you and the wife.... We can wait.

Roscoe

PostPosted: November 8th, 2019, 10:24 am 

David McGown wrote:
Just returned from Glasgow, Scotland last night and this morning had a chance to talk about the meet the weekend of Nov 16-17 with my wife. Based on that conversation, I believe it would be best to postpone a meet until after the Thanksgiving holidays, i.e., sometime in early December. In explanation, my wife has been putting in 60 to 80 hour weeks at work over the past few months, between writing proposals, finalizing an important research paper that she is principal author on for an IEEE journal, supporting remote field activities, as well as her normal work activities. She is at her absolute limit and just does not have any energy left to support me having a session over here. Fortunately for her, the push will be over in a few days, but she needs a good long recovery period, and is planning to take the entire Thanksgiving week off to recharge. Frankly, I am a bit tired myself from the travel, and I am preparing for a music workshop and masterclass the following weekend in Philadelphia. So November is much busier than I expected.

Sorry for the mixed signals on this, my excitement in sharing my new project has been overwhelmed by practicality. May be able to support a private listen, but not a full meet until December. Will send PM invites in that case.

David

No apologies necessary. Family first --PERIOD! It's only a hobby.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2021, 10:54 am 

Dave - did you build the plinth/feet from scratch for your Elsinore speakers?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next