DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 1st, 2019, 5:56 pm 

It is with a heavy heart that I share the passing of my best friend from NY. Some of you know Leslie over the years from his many visits to our summer CAF events. He has been my best friend since kindergarten. As a fellow passionate audiophile Leslie showcased his DIY version of the Audience ClairAudient 4+4 speakers in our DCAudioDIY room at the 2013 CAF. He was always helpful in helping us transport and move audio equipment when I used to rent a trailer. Leslie was a fun person with a good heart and I will miss him terribly.

Paul

PostPosted: April 1st, 2019, 7:00 pm 

Paul, you have my most sincere condolences on the passing of your friend, Leslie. Losing a best friend is one of the hardest thing in the world to endure.

Godspeed Leslie.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2019, 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

As far as I'm concerned, Leslie was a full-fledged member of DCAudioDIY. He was a great guy. The world is diminished in his passing.

Roscoe

PostPosted: April 1st, 2019, 7:56 pm 

He somehow made those gear-hauling runs fun. Definitely a member in good standing.
Very sorry for your loss, Paul.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2019, 8:11 pm 

Which speakers were his?

PostPosted: April 1st, 2019, 8:16 pm 

I only had the pleasure of meeting him a few times. What a great guy, helpful and a true gentleman.

Very sorry to hear of his passing. RIP Leslie.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2019, 9:11 pm 

Very sad news. I'm sorry to hear of his passing and the loss of a good friend.

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2019, 9:46 pm 

My condolences. That's a very dear friend indeed, for all those years!

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2019, 8:32 am 
Site Admin

mix4fix wrote:
Which speakers were his?

http://enjoythemusic.com/capital_audiof ... /page2.htm

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2019, 8:51 am 

Paul,

My sympathies to you for Leslie's passing, I know there is a big hole inside you that can never be filled, except for the memories of a life well spent together in your closest friendship. I am so glad that you shared Leslie with all of us on so many occasions, and was lucky enough to become a friend of his as well.

I had the great fortune of first meeting Leslie at a NYC Stereophile show back in the early 2000's. Paul and I traveled up together, and met up with Leslie at the show. To say we had a great time was an understatement. Leslie had an unbridled and infectious enthusiasm about audio, and was particularly drawn to upstart manufacturers/designers with a bright new idea or product that set them apart from the mainstream. He was a tweeker and DIYer at heart, always looking for a way to get the best sound out of his equipment, and had a great appreciation for one-of-a-kind products, like his JC Morrison 211 SET amplifier. Leslie and I talked endless hours on the phone after our first meeting about audio tweeks, tubes, and advice.

I have fond memories of Leslie's visits to DC, both at CAF and also at my house both during DCAudioDIY meetings and afterwards, when Paul, Leslie, and I would listen late into the evening, all the while chatting about audio, music, and life. The story of how Paul and Leslie as kids would look out after "Pops"...the elderly Louie Armstrong, who lived in the neighborhood that Paul and Leslie grew up in, was a precious personal connection back to one of America's great musicians. He was an great lover of animals, talking about the cats he rescued and cared for ("Half-Pint"). He also was so proud of his and his daughter's connection to Native Americans heritage, and talked about the "Pow-Wows" they attended.

I am so very thankful that Paul shared his wonderful friend with me, and am so sorry about his passing.

David