DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
PostPosted: January 10th, 2019, 7:45 pm 

prototyping an xover for super tweeter
out side and hot glue for easy changing componebts

Attachments:
three.jpg
three.jpg [ 104.04 KiB | Viewed 202660 times ]

PostPosted: January 10th, 2019, 7:58 pm 

Stuart Polansky wrote:
1. I don't need the information.
2. Might be helpful to Steve, but I doubt it.
3. IMHO, it's fine as drawn until proven otherwise. No harm in rotating one inductor. Cant hurt.

And yet you demand citations.

And you think you are helping Steve?

Once it has become clear to me what Steve is a newbee and needs help even with basic stuff, I tried few times to steer him in the direction of PartsExpress where they have trained professionals on this product to help online, have online video on how to assemble the crossover, and they also have the backing of Designer of this speaker as level 2 support, all for free.

You give him bad advice and when Rich pointed out you were very thankful. Once it became known that I posted the same information earlier in this thread, you became defensive and demand citations and want Steve to follow your bad advice. And you claim you are helping Steve.

Either you sit down with him and help with crossover and stuffing or steer him to the right professionals can give him competent advice.

Anyway.... have a ball.

PostPosted: January 10th, 2019, 9:23 pm 

Shashi, I remember you had an gathering at your house soon after you joined the group, to see the progress you were making on your speakers. Your xovers were spread out all over the floor with components connected with allegator clips so you could quickly make changes.
Steve needs to know that one can be a bit loose when working out a design. There are no hard rules.
But for Steve to gain confidence he needs to just get something up and running. In fact he should just hook up the woofer to the amp listen to that. Then add the woofer’s xover and listen to that, to hear what the xover is doing. That is how he will learn.

PostPosted: January 10th, 2019, 11:05 pm 

Cogito wrote:
Stuart Polansky wrote:
Wrong on every count. I DID read the entire thread, including the second post on page ten.

You prove the wisdom of those who avoid posting on this site by your post attacking me over nothing.

You claim to have read that entire thread including 2nd post in page 10, yet you didn't know the jpg Rich Provided is from the site I linked in the very same 2nd post in page 10.
Anyway.... my point is made.

What in the hell is wrong with you Shashi?!!!! :confusion-confused:

PostPosted: January 10th, 2019, 11:46 pm 

Bad advice Shashi? Are you insane? Now you tell me to sit down with Steve and build his speakers?

There is something seriously wrong with you.

Just shut up.

Paul and Tom you are absolutely right about external crossovers. Couldn't agree more. Both of yours look great also.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2019, 10:29 am 

There are many good reasons for external xovers.
Being able to change component values.
Components not being affected by the vibrations of the drivers.
But being outside gets rid of size constraints, complete freedom of proper inductor orientation.
Easily being able to go to electronic xover and bi-amping

PostPosted: January 11th, 2019, 12:27 pm 
Site Admin

This thread has gone too far off the rails. Steve, if you need help with these at some point in the future, start another thread. Hopefully it'll be a bit more civil...

Roscoe

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15