Switch to full style
A place to buy and sell audio gear and parts. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Troels Gravesen OBL-11

July 17th, 2017, 12:18 pm

Available for sale are Troels OBL-11 Open Baffle Speakers.

Direct Quote from Troels Website (under "choices" section): "If you have the room and the patience for proper set-up of one of these monster panels, take a look at OBL-11, OB9 and OB7. I dare guarantee the OBL-11 will deliver a live feeling that none of the other speakers mentioned here will ever do."

I am not the original owner; however, I am still in touch with the original owner and they confirmed original build cost was north or $2,000+.

This was the "Level-1" version, where the parts alone were $1,550+$100 - shipping. Further upgraded include Cardas Rhodium Binding Posts- (Cost $180) and Mundorf Supreme Resistors (the Best! - cost $150). Tack on another $200 in building material (because they were made from Baltic Birch plywood - 5'x5' for $72/sheet at Woodcraft, and another $75 for solid walnut+maple wood panels)

The speakers are in pristine condition (as evident from the pictures included).

I'm thinking $1,350 is a fair price for these speakers.
Attachments
OBL-2.jpg
Post a reply