Switch to full style
A place to buy and sell audio gear and parts. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Re: Computer Needed

May 11th, 2017, 7:55 pm

Brombo,

You can send a PM if you like with the price. My only concern is what had to be done to the hardware to run an Apple OS? Will this adversely affect a Linux install?

May 11th, 2017, 8:27 pm

Stuart Polansky wrote:Tom,

I've already been running daphile. For a variety of reasons, it's not working for me.

I've never actually bought a computer, other than a laptop, always assembled them and always for more money than the one that you posted. The only thing I don't like About the one you posted is the lack of an optical drive.

The only problem I had with Daphile was accessing it through an Android tablet. I'm now using a Windows tablet that is stripped of everything except the browser. That is set to not do anything but go to the default network address that is the server running Daphile. Since doing that it is working great.

Tom

May 11th, 2017, 9:56 pm

Nothing is done to the hardware. You just need to use certain intel motherboards and cpus to build an hackintosh. Currently I have ubuntu on the machine since running it as a hackintosh is too big a pain in the butt.

The system build uses the motherboard I sent you a link to, intel i3 cpu, 8 Gbytes of memory, 1 Tbyte hard drive, dvd drive, intel on cpu graphics, and a tower case. That is all I remember until I get the machine back from my friends house.

Price would be $125.

May 11th, 2017, 10:31 pm

Sounds interesting. A definite possibility.

I found a laptop here that may work for me. Will try it out tomorrow.

I have a 10" Dell laptop that Roscoe loaded daphile on that I'd be willing to trade for parts or partial payment. Works fine if your tablet and router will play along.

Otherwise, I need to unload it also .

May 15th, 2017, 4:59 pm

Pictures of computer if you are still interested. Optical drive is a blue-ray. I need to turn it on to see exactly what hardware there is.
DSCN0598.jpg
DSCN0597.jpg
DSCN0595.jpg
Post a reply