Switch to full style
A place to buy and sell audio gear and parts. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Aria 5R Speakers and Stands - $500

May 8th, 2017, 9:27 am

Selling a pair of Aria 5R speakers that I made from a Zalytron kit back in 1999. They feature a pair of Focal 5" 5K013L mid/woofers and a Raven R1 tweeter in a D'Appolito arrangement (who designed the speaker). The speakers have a 4 ohm impedance, and a 95dB efficiency. Works well with SET amps if you have a 4 ohm tap. The cabinet is a massive 1-1/2" thick MDF enclosure that was originally oak veneered. However over time, the veneer came unglued in places and badly chipped. I decided to strip off the veneer and refinish them with a custom tinted Duratech finish, with a raised sandy texture. When I restored the speakers, I also replaced one of the Focal drivers because the voice coil was rubbing. I am also including a pair of very heavy lead shot filled speaker stands.

I have an extra and essentially new (pulled from a NOS Aria 5) 5K013L driver as well, and can include for another $50. The ribbons in the tweeters are original, and replacements are available from Orca Design (I confirmed this a few weeks ago).

David
Attachments
20170501_144257.jpg

Re: Aria 5R Speakers and Stands - $500

May 8th, 2017, 9:29 am

Are these the ones you were using when you hosted back in VA?

Roscoe

May 9th, 2017, 9:43 pm

Yes, the same ones.

David

April 7th, 2019, 10:08 am

The Aria 5Rs are no longer for sale at this time.
Post a reply