Switch to full style
A place to buy and sell audio gear and parts. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Giving away Crown Tape Decks and Prerecorded Tapes

January 30th, 2017, 12:32 pm

I have for the taking two Crown tape decks (see photos)

Crown_Recorder.jpg

Crown_Player.jpg

One is a recorder in a transport case. The transport electronics in the recorder needs fixing. Fast forward and reverse works but tape tension is not maintained when playing or recording. The other is a player only that works. It is in a rack, but the rack is not included in the give away. I can attach the player to some aluminum angle channels for transport (it is in three vertical sections). Both machines are SX700 series 1/4" tape quarter track stereo. I also have a bunch of prerecorded music tapes I would also give away. Is anyone interested? You would have to come to Silver Spring to pick items up.

Re: Giving away Crown Tape Decks and Prerecorded Tapes

January 30th, 2017, 12:42 pm

There was a time in the very very distant past that I would kill for one of those decks. That was then -- this is now.

I recall attending a Hi-Fi show in D.C. decades ago where a vendor was showcasing the Acoustat X full range electrostatic speakers using a Crown deck with some self-recorded 1st generation tapes.

WOW!! I stood there listening to that system in awe.

Another experience at a dealer show room on Wisconsin Ave. in D.C. showcasing the big-ass Magneplanar 1D speakers driven by Audio Research electronics with a similar set-up -- also WOW!

January 31st, 2017, 2:22 am

Save it and use it a C.A.F. 2017?

January 31st, 2017, 3:45 pm

HI, Brombo, I would most definitely be interested in both the machine and tapes, let me know, I am not far from SS and can make the trip to pick them up. Actually, I will also be in SS Friday night for a small gig. My email is gkargreen@verizon.net. Thanks, Randy

February 1st, 2017, 2:45 am

Second dibs LOL!

February 1st, 2017, 8:20 am

Randy got there first and will pick them up on Friday.
Post a reply