Switch to full style
A place to buy and sell audio gear and parts. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

CD Transport

July 19th, 2016, 9:00 am

I need a decent one, CD only is just fine. Anyone have an affordable one to sell.

You don't need to deliver it to Roscoe or make parts for it. I'm NOT asking for "free"!

I'll pay and pick it up.

Expensive is not in my budget right now. Sorry.

Thanks,

Stuart

Re: CD Transport

July 19th, 2016, 9:31 am

I've got a CAL Delta sitting unused........
Like all transports, the drawer sticks.
People know how to fix this problem.

July 19th, 2016, 9:56 am

Hi Stuart!

I have a Sonic Frontiers SFT-1 Transport that is fitted with a new laser assembly with a Chris Johnson upgrade. Also, I hot-rodded the piece to max it out.

I am selling it because I got lucky and nailed a mint Mark Levinson no. 37 transport.

The SFT-1 has SPDIF BNC coax, AES/EBU, and AT&T ST-Optical outputs. It is in superb condition and stored waiting for its new owner.

You can take it away for $600 and pick it up on the way home from work.
Attachments
Sonic Frontiers SFT-1 Interior.jpg
Sonic Frontiers CD System.jpg

July 19th, 2016, 10:05 am

I have a Nakamichi CD Player 4 with a coax out that you can have for the grand total of $0.00.

Low hours...even have the box for it.

Transport mechanism is nothing special but it "worked the last time I plugged it in."

A few comments on this player can be found on the Lampizator site.

July 19th, 2016, 10:49 am

I have an old (isa bus) computer dvd drive. ASUS model DRW-0804P (date on it is 2004). It has a molex pin power connector and an analog audio output connector. I do not see any spdif output. If you want it you can have it for nothing since it is doing me no good whatsoever.

July 19th, 2016, 11:08 am

I also have a TEAC CD-552E (Date 2002). This is CD only but does has a digital audio output. The rest is the same as the other drive. No charge again.

July 19th, 2016, 2:13 pm

Stu,

I may still have a Pioneer DVD player or two kicking around in my basement? I believe they make a fairly decent transport especially for the price. I'll check tonight to see if I have any, if you you are welcome to hang on to it for as long as you need.

Stuart Polansky wrote:I need a decent one, CD only is just fine. Anyone have an affordable one to sell.

You don't need to deliver it to Roscoe or make parts for it. I'm NOT asking for "free"!

I'll pay and pick it up.

Expensive is not in my budget right now. Sorry.

Thanks,

Stuart

July 19th, 2016, 3:38 pm

Thanks to everyone for the offers. I believe I have it worked out.

You guys rock!

Stuart

August 8th, 2016, 10:02 pm

J-ROB wrote:I have a Nakamichi CD Player 4 with a coax out that you can have for the grand total of $0.00.

Low hours...even have the box for it.

Transport mechanism is nothing special but it "worked the last time I plugged it in."

A few comments on this player can be found on the Lampizator site.

Joe, Is the Nak still up for grabs? Like Stuart I need a decent transport.
Best,
Kemp O'Holt

August 8th, 2016, 10:29 pm

Gave it to Stuart but he may or not need it. Check with him.
Post a reply