DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sale handout for CAF
PostPosted: June 7th, 2014, 3:13 pm 

I think I am safe in assuming we all have some items we would like to sell. I was thinking of a table at CAF but that seems like a major undertaking. We would need to lug all the stuff there and also have the table manned at all times.

I had a conversation with Gary Gill about having a sale flyer at the show. He said he is too buy to do it but if we came up with a handout he would allow us to post it at the show and also hand it out when people register. I was envisioning a simple B&W flyer listing things by category with description and a photo where appropriate. I would be willing to do the layout and get costs, but it looks like somewhere around 3 cents per 8 1/2 X 11 sheet for a minimum of 100 of each sheet total. My guess is we could get at least three items on each side of a sheet. Actual costs for each person would be accrued on the basis of size of their ads.

All sales would go through the individuals selling the equipment. This would just be a means to list the equipment, terms and conditions (which could be the same for all if desired) prices and contact info. Anyone interested?

Tom

Post subject: Re: Sale handout for CAF
PostPosted: June 9th, 2014, 8:57 am 

Tom,

Great idea, and timely, since I want to sell my DIY Teres (which was at the 2nd CAF). I had a Teres 340 fall into my lap (not literally, or else I would still be pinned to the floor). I also have some other stuff to sell, I think.

Can we have color pictures on the handout. That would help.

David

PostPosted: June 9th, 2014, 9:05 am 

David:

We could but the cost for printing would be higher. If I get enough positive response I'll swing over to the print shop and get quotes for both scenarios.

Tom

PostPosted: June 9th, 2014, 9:09 am 
Site Admin

Great idea, but if we're going to have pictures big enough to be meaningful, we're probably looking at 4 items max per page, so the cost could go up quite quickly if we have a bunch of items...

Maybe a listing for the handouts, and one display with color photos outside the room (if we end up getting one ;) )

Roscoe