DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More Stuff For Sale
PostPosted: January 31st, 2014, 9:23 am 

I have some items I will be soon putting up for sale on eBay. I'd rather avoid shipping and see them go to a club member, if anyone wants them.

I haven't looked up values nor thought much about pricing. If you are interested, please let's communicate.

1) Stock Dynaco PAS, unmodified. Bought in present condition and not functioning. If I eBay sell it, I will get it working, it's all there.

2) Stock Dynaco FM-1, same as above

3) Stock Dynaco FM-5 (transistor tuner), owned for decades, haven't used it in years. Will check functionality prior to sale; assume it works for now.

4) Stock Eico mono FM tuner. Never tried it out. This one would be very cheap.

5) Eico HF-81. Haven't used it in five years. Completely unmodified, no updates, again, assume it works correctly, if not I WILL DEFINITELY fix this one. Bruce Normann tells me this is one of the best vintage EL84 amps made (I am keeping the other two I am lucky to have: Dyna SCA35 and Pilot SA-232 :) ).

6) A pair of Bozak speakers. Not sure of the model #; 12" woofer, two cone tweeters Pics on request.

7) All of my prerecorded reel-reel tapes (about 50). Included are a couple of two-track stereo tapes (whole tape width). All 7", 7.5IPS and 3.75IPS.

8) Big box of Russian Teflon caps, mostly 0.1uF, I think 250V and 600V. Have to check if anyone cares.

9) Lots of Nuvistors and Nuvistor sockets. Have to check the numbers. Almost all are pulls from receivers. All I have check good.

10) A pair of Dynaco A-25 speakers. Still thinking about this one. I bought them when I was 14. My first pair of really good speakers (breaking away from Lafayette Criterion speakers, LOL). My dad used them until he died in 2009. Not used since. Struggling with sentimental value.....

11) Lot's of duplicate records. Mostly bought at thrift shops. Less than pristine, but still listenable. I need to go through and come up with a list if anyone is interested. Most duplicates are RCA Living Stereo, and I have a complete mono encylopedic set of classical recordings. One of those, "Best of" type offerings. Never played them, they were a gift.

12) Several raw speaker drivers. Probably nothing great, or even excellent, but maybe someone needs some of them for a project. Best thing to do is for someone interested to come take a look.

13) Tons of oddball TV and intercom tubes I'll never use. Don't even ask. As little as they are worth, come look. Most NOS in boxes.

14) Lafayette tube tuner. Never tried it out. Looks pretty nice. Allegedly stereo, multiplex unit built-in, but we'd need to verify that.

15) A pile of ancient TV/hi-fi repair manuals. Big, heavy books. Need to go away.

More that I can't even think of right now. Not getting out of this, just losing some dead weight.

Stuart

Post subject: Re: More Stuff For Sale
PostPosted: January 31st, 2014, 11:14 am 

Stuart:

If those are raw drivers they are probably B-207B systems. I'm including a photo of one of the pages of an old Bozak brochures that lists the raw drivers . I used to have a pair of Symphonies in modern trim. If anyone is interested I still have two of the N-104 crossovers available.

Attachments:
DSCN3932_small.jpg
DSCN3932_small.jpg [ 157.14 KiB | Viewed 13744 times ]
Bozak component speakers.jpg
Bozak component speakers.jpg [ 165.58 KiB | Viewed 13744 times ]

PostPosted: January 31st, 2014, 11:24 am 

Tomp,

The raw drivers I have are definitely not Bozak!

The Bozak speakers I have are as pictured in this old photo. I don't have a better picture with me right now, and no model information.

Attachments:
100_3826.JPG
100_3826.JPG [ 1.18 MiB | Viewed 13742 times ]

PostPosted: January 31st, 2014, 11:26 am 

If I had to guess, based on Tomp's post, I'd say the speakers contain a B199Bc woofer and a B200Zc tweeter assembly, but who knows?

PostPosted: January 31st, 2014, 11:54 am 

Stuart:

None of the complete speakers in my brochure show just the woofer and two tweeters. This must have been an earlier model. If so, the tweeters were probably not the "Z" model as that was a later version with a curvilinear cone. Are the tweeters mounted coaxially as shown in the brochure photo or on the baffle?