DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tubes, iron, oil caps
PostPosted: November 29th, 2013, 1:37 pm 

Hello all,

Well, I haven't built anything new in a couple of years and my interests have changed a bit, so I've got all this stuff around in boxes taking up room. My wife would be ecstatic if I got rid of it.

I have a small collection of tubes - about 500 or so -- that includes globe 46’s, 6528's, SV-811-3’s, a few 2a3’s, 6ah4's, 5842's, 6bx7’s, 5687’s, 6sn7’s , a bunch of rectifiers (5ar4, 5u4' cv378, 83, 5r4' 6x5' 6cj3' etc.) a bunch of 0d3, to many 9-pin tubes to count. Many Telekunken, a few Mullards, a bunch of Amperex, Raytheon, RCA, etc.

I also have enough iron to build 4-5 amps, including a set salvaged from an old Scott 7591 amp, some Stromberg-Carlson el-84 power tx and opt's, some old Hammond 1627se, some custom 4k se opt's, assorted chokes, etc. Also have some Electraprint phase splitters, a few old Allied IT's, and other stuff.

Also have a box of three or four dozen oil caps for power supplies, as well as misc. parts and bits -- Johnson 4-pin sockets, resistors, capacitors, and so on.

I even have a Sencore tester I'll throw into the lot.

Some of this stuff is NOS, some used but in good shape, some used and perfectly functional just not pretty. All good stuff for someone just getting into the DIY tube thing, or someone who wants to add to their existing supply.

I'd like to see the whole lot go at once for $1500. That's $3 a tube, with all the other stuff thrown in for free. I haven't got the time or patience to deal with selling all this on eBay, so I thought I'd see if anyone here could make good use of it. I'm open to trading for an amp (SE triodes preferred;well-made DIY effort OK) or modest vinyl rig.

If you have any interest please don't hesitate to contact me or call at seven o three-249-9 one two 9.

Thanks,

Jim