DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 13th, 2019, 12:39 pm 

I'm posting a link (https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9a ... full-range) to a pair of speakers that just came up for sale in the area. They are Nestorovic Model 5as Mk v, and are some of the best sounding speakers you can buy/build (imo of course) without spending crazy money. Charlie P has a pair here in Annapolis, which is how I was introduced to them. Thanks again Stuart.

After hearing Charlie's system, I kept a vigilant watch for a pair until I stumbled upon some that weren't actually for sale at the time. This is the first pair I've ever seen for sale publicly. I think most reside on the West coast where Nestorovic made them.

Anyway, if you're familiar with Charlie's system, you know why I'm letting you know about these. I'd be happy to help you pick them up in NJ with my truck and bring them to the DC area.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2019, 1:13 pm 

Jim G wrote:
I'm posting a link (https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9a ... full-range) to a pair of speakers that just came up for sale in the area. They are Nestorovic Model 5as Mk v, and are some of the best sounding speakers you can buy/build (imo of course) without spending crazy money. Charlie P has a pair here in Annapolis, which is how I was introduced to them. Thanks again Stuart.

After hearing Charlie's system, I kept a vigilant watch for a pair until I stumbled upon some that weren't actually for sale at the time. This is the first pair I've ever seen for sale publicly. I think most reside on the West coast where Nestorovic made them.

Anyway, if you're familiar with Charlie's system, you know why I'm letting you know about these. I'd be happy to help you pick them up in NJ with my truck and bring them to the DC area.

First plus -- they look like they were made with what looks like the Panasonic tweeters. Second plus -- the dome mid-range (it looks familiar but I can't recall the manufacturer). Third plus -- look at the mid-woofer & main woofer surrounds -- these speakers look like they could kick ass.