Switch to full style
A place to buy and sell audio gear and parts. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Free to a good home, open baffle line arrays...

October 20th, 2018, 3:43 pm

18 4" full-range drivers per side, series connection of six groups of three drivers in parallel. I can't remember if the drivers are 4 or 8ohm, impedance will be either 8 or 16ohms. Baffles are curved so that all the drivers are the same distance from the listener with approx 10-12' listening distance. You'll need to measure the radius to be sure, it's been a few years and I don't remember the exact distance I cut them for... These drivers have a bit of a peak in the upper mid-range that you'll need to design/build a notch filter for...

ImageImageImage

Roscoe

Re: Free to a good home, open baffle line arrays...

October 21st, 2018, 8:18 am

They remind me of arrays I built with the prior 69 cent wonders from Parts Express. I also have a box of the variety that Roscoe shows here but they didn't sound as good to me.

Actually I will need to get rid of them along with a lot of other stuff. It looks like we will move back to Australia next year and I will have to scale back. I will probably ask for advice at CAF, particularly at the Friday night soiree.

ray

October 23rd, 2018, 1:05 pm

How would they sound at a C.A.F.?

October 23rd, 2018, 1:10 pm

mix4fix wrote:How would they sound at a C.A.F.?

Probably about how they'd sound most other places ;)

April 29th, 2019, 5:29 pm

Last chance, or they go to the dump this weekend...

Roscoe

April 29th, 2019, 7:09 pm

I can see o bonfire
Post a reply