Switch to full style
New users MUST post an introduction here to gain full membership
Post a reply

Hello, world!

January 30th, 2017, 10:42 pm

Hi. I'm Dave from Alexandria. I'd like to learn how to make a headphone amp. I know Ohm's Law. I can solder a little.

Re: Hello, world!

January 31st, 2017, 9:04 am

Greetings, Dave!
There should be folks here to help with a headphone amp, and there are plans online for more.

What make and model headphones do you have? That will help decide the amp topography.

January 31st, 2017, 11:39 pm

Hi Dave. The Aikido headphone amp is pretty neat, and fun to build. Lots of option. Makes a great preamp, too.

http://glass-ware.stores.yahoo.net/heam.html

February 2nd, 2017, 7:54 pm

Dave,
Welcome! I have also made an Akido headphone amp. Very happy with it, though I had to so some tube rolling before they produced any reasonable bass.
V/R
James

February 3rd, 2017, 1:28 pm

Hello, Guy, Grover, and James! Than you for the warm welcome.

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 380 PRO headphones and a tiny Fiio amp for listening through my phone. I think I'd like a better amp. I might like better headphones one day.

I'm moving this year to a house that likely won't have a listening room, so I'm thinking of listening primarily through headphones. I will probably stream the audio from a server on my home network. For now, I'm listening to music on my phone.

I like the idea of building my own amp. I don't have a lot of time at the moment or experience with this. I guess this is my time for learning.

Dave
Post a reply