Switch to full style
New users MUST post an introduction here to gain full membership
Post a reply

Tofuball here

June 12th, 2013, 12:58 pm

Greetings. I've been pulling apart a few amplifiers lately trying to figure them out, been tinkering for a long time but only recently started messing with audio.

A friend of mine recommended I join here, I live in the Glenmont Area.

Re: Tofuball here

June 12th, 2013, 1:20 pm

Welcome!

We have all manner of DIY folks here, I've built my first tube amp in 2007, so I would be considered a newbie :) here. But take a look around and ask whatever comes to mind.

June 12th, 2013, 2:41 pm

See if you can track down Sound Practices magazine on CD-ROM. I think Joe Roberts still sells it. It has a wealth of great articles for beginners. Also, the RCA Handbook is available online from various sites, it's a great way to learn the basics.

June 12th, 2013, 10:17 pm

Excellent! Thanks for the warm welcome and the leads.

June 12th, 2013, 11:01 pm

The Sound Practices Magazine Archive CD is available on eBay by searching for it under that name.

June 13th, 2013, 11:12 am

[quote="Tofuball"]Greetings. I've been pulling apart a few amplifiers lately trying to figure them out, been tinkering for a long time but only recently started messing with audio.

A friend of mine recommended I join here, I live in the Glenmont Area.[/quote]

Greeting! I also live in the Glenmont area, about 3/4 mi north of the Metro stop. At this point, I don't get much chance to work on DIY audio, but am available for some advice and perhaps the odd part or two.

David

June 13th, 2013, 11:29 am

[quote="Tofuball"]Greetings. I've been pulling apart a few amplifiers lately trying to figure them out, been tinkering for a long time but only recently started messing with audio.[/quote]

Pulling them apart is easy, even I can do that ;-)

Welcome aboard...

Roscoe

June 14th, 2013, 9:14 am

[quote="David McGown"][quote="Tofuball"]Greetings. I've been pulling apart a few amplifiers lately trying to figure them out, been tinkering for a long time but only recently started messing with audio.

A friend of mine recommended I join here, I live in the Glenmont Area.[/quote]

Greeting! I also live in the Glenmont area, about 3/4 mi north of the Metro stop. At this point, I don't get much chance to work on DIY audio, but am available for some advice and perhaps the odd part or two.

David[/quote]

Then you live across the street from me! PMed.

June 14th, 2013, 6:41 pm

Welll, I walked across the street and David was kind enough to show me his setup.

I've made a huge mistake, I didn't know it was possible to make a system that sounded that good . . . !

June 14th, 2013, 6:43 pm

[quote="Roscoe Primrose"][quote="Tofuball"]Greetings. I've been pulling apart a few amplifiers lately trying to figure them out, been tinkering for a long time but only recently started messing with audio.[/quote]

Pulling them apart is easy, even I can do that ;-)

Welcome aboard...

Roscoe[/quote]

Gotta start somewhere!
Post a reply