DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Radu's Introduction
PostPosted: March 19th, 2014, 10:08 pm 

Hi Everybody,
My name is Radu and I was born in Transylvania. However, I am not related to that vampire...
I started playing with vacuum tubes at ten. I mainly built radios and repaired TVs in the 70s.
After a long 35 years break, few years ago I found the time to play with tubes again. This time audio is my obsession. Mostly because I love great sound and music. After so many experiments and trials I definitely can say that I love the sound of DHTs. My first built amp is a PP and I like it because it is the first. However, I change greatly enjoy my second amp which is SE. A friend of mine love it so much that he insisted and bought it. Now I am building an improved version of it. It is an all DHP ( triode strapped) two stage amplifier with no caps (naturaly except the PSU's last ones ) in the signal path. Hope to finish it by the end of April and break it in during May, June, July. I am very excited to bring it this Summer to the Capital Audio Fest for the Amp Shootout. Because it is the first time I am participating to such an event, I am happy to take any advise.
My amps can be seen at http://simplepleasuretubeamps.wordpress.com/.
Cheers to all,
Radu

Post subject: Re: Radu's Introduction
PostPosted: March 20th, 2014, 10:56 am 
Site Admin

Welcome aboard. Once the specifics of the CAF amp competition are fully finalized, there will probably be significant discussion around here about how to be competitive ;)

Roscoe

PostPosted: March 20th, 2014, 11:40 am 

Hi Radu:

Welcome. We have lots of knowledgeable and helpful folks in the group and I'm sure you will find it interesting. It is amazing the breadth of knowledge that exists here. You will also find a lot of different opinions which is great because different things are important to different people. I am not a tube guy so I can't help you there but I do have a fair amount of knowledge building speakers. Looking forward to having you in the group.

Tom

PostPosted: March 20th, 2014, 1:27 pm 

Hi, Radu,

I look forward to greeting you in person! Maybe I'll be able to finish building something by then!