Switch to full style
New users MUST post an introduction here to gain full membership
Post a reply

Hello from Middleburg

February 9th, 2022, 1:57 pm

Hello! I just learned about this forum from Zackthedog on AudioKarma.org.

It's nice to join a local group of audio enthusiasts. I'm a relative novice when it comes to home audio, and unfortunately don't have any formal education relating to electricity. I just appreciate the craftsmanship and aesthetic of vintage mechanical and electrical things (cars, watches, audio equipment, etc.). It's a never-ending learning process for me.

I've only recently acquired my first set of audio components. I started with a humble 2-channel setup consisting of a Technics SA-300 receiver, Dual 606 turntable, and Advent 1008 speakers. I think it was a good start. I've thoroughly enjoyed this setup and it's helped me determine the direction that I want to head to next. I've acquired and/or seeking the following:

- Klipsch Heresy I
- Stromberg-Carlson ASR-333
- Streamer / DAC (researching)

One sort of request, I'd love to find someone local to walk me through analyzing my recently purchased Stromberg-Carlson ASR-333 to figure out what it'll need to be able to safely plug in and enjoy. I just purchased it off fleabay and it's due to arrive this week, but I don't plan to plug it in or anything until I am 100% sure about what I'm doing. I have one contact that I was referred to, but they're a few hours south. I'm all about Safety first, but I'm also eager to learn (I'm more of a hands-on learner) so I can better do my own troubleshooting and repairs in the future.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. I'm looking forward to contributing to this forum.

Re: Hello from Middleburg

February 9th, 2022, 2:35 pm

Welcome. I'm probably closest, (Catlett) but I'm outta town from this weekend until the 22nd or so. I can take a look after I get back into town....

Roscoe

February 9th, 2022, 2:46 pm

Wow, that would be great! You're not too far down the road. I'll PM you to discuss further.

February 9th, 2022, 10:49 pm

Hey, welcome! That was me that tipped you off. ;-) I'm waaaaay off in Oregon now but I still love the group. Roscoe's the man, he'll help you get those Styromberg's sorted out. There's also been a lot of discussion about streaming audio here and he can fill you in on that.
Post a reply