Switch to full style
A place for discussion of general audio, music and related topics.
Post a reply

Re: Audiophile Smartphone - A Find and Keeper

January 25th, 2018, 10:54 pm

Senn pcx450, beyer dt880 (250 ohm), some phaeton earbuds that Grover suggested a few years back that are pretty nice sounding for under $100. All sound great with the phone. I have a pair of 600ohm beyer dt880 phones that i have not tried yet.

January 25th, 2018, 11:25 pm

David McGown wrote:Senn pcx450, beyer dt880 (250 ohm), some phaeton earbuds that Grover suggested a few years back that are pretty nice sounding for under $100. All sound great with the phone. I have a pair of 600ohm beyer dt880 phones that i have not tried yet.

I see they are all regular headphones, and dont have experience with any of them. If you get a chance, try some in-ear phones, they are a different class IMO. Only problem with them is, they fit tight in the ear and can get uncomfortable over prolonged uses.

January 26th, 2018, 8:57 am

Comfort is a big factor, the Phaetons (actually an in-ear phone, but not quite as tight sealing as the fitted in-ear phones), do get a bit bothersome with time. The Beyer DT880 is the most comfortable set of headphones I have ever tried, except when it is hot (the pads are like earmuffs). I can have them on and fall asleep and completely forget they are on my head. They also sound the best of all the headphones I have.

David
Post a reply