Switch to full style
A place for discussion of general audio, music and related topics.
Post a reply

Re: Antique Sound Labs Monoblocks stopped working

September 5th, 2013, 9:46 am

oh, that makes sense, thanks!

September 5th, 2013, 11:29 am

Burn out the short! 2kV and 50 A ought to do it.

David

October 26th, 2013, 10:46 am

I am curious, was there any resolution to the Antique Sound Labs?

David

November 2nd, 2013, 2:00 pm

dberning wrote:I am curious, was there any resolution to the Antique Sound Labs?

David

The amps are now working and the owner is on his way over to pick them up.

Replaced the power transformer in both amps, and one PS cap in one amp was bad, I replaced that cap in both amps as I couldn't get an exact replacement.

I'll never work on an ASL product again..... :angry-banghead:

Roscoe

November 2nd, 2013, 7:49 pm

:D

- said costumer hooked them up and they sounds great. They are playing on 20+ year old Celestion A3 speakers. :dance: :dance:

November 4th, 2013, 9:15 am

Good job, Roscoe. Glad I got to help with the easy Dynaco problem and you got the hard ones. Were you able to get replacement transformers or did you have to find somethings to make them work?

David

November 6th, 2013, 10:15 am

dberning wrote:Good job, Roscoe. Glad I got to help with the easy Dynaco problem and you got the hard ones. Were you able to get replacement transformers or did you have to find somethings to make them work?

David

bigthinker sourced some replacement transformers. Of course, whoever he got them from sent us 240v mains transformers. We decided to use those instead of waiting for the correct transformers, which he now has. He'll use a step-up transformer for now, and probably eventually get a 240v line into the listening room (at which point he'll probably run the rest of the system off the 240v line with the transformer used as a step-down).

Roscoe
Post a reply