DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 9th, 2023, 4:52 pm 

Pink Floyd's headlining appearance in front of 120,000 people at the star-studded Silver Clef Award Winners Knebworth show— which raised funds for the Nordoff Robbins charity—occurred on a day that also included performances by Paul McCartney; Dire Straits; Phil Collins; Tears for Fears; Robert Plant with Jimmy Page; Eric Clapton; and Cliff Richard. First released in 2019 as part of The Later Years boxed set, Pink Floyd's entire set from that event, Live at Knebworth 1990, is now available as a standalone set (CD, double vinyl, digital).

The performance and engineering to produce this recording was phenomenal. A large open venue on the grounds of Knebworth eliminated any closed-in feeling with the recording and the mix-down just pure genius. The credits included Andy Jackson (tube mastering) and Stuart Hawkes of Metropolis Studios, London (vinyl mastering).

Besides a performance that was not encumbered (Pink Floyd was performing their A game) the sound quality was beyond reproach. My playback was via a DS Audio optical cartridge and equalizer.

I am not a big fan of rock, but I take exception to Pink Floyd and this album especially, Pink Floyd Live at Knebworth 1990, had me gob smacked. WOW!! :clap:

You will not be disappointed. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Attachments:
Pink Floyd at Knebworth.jpg
Pink Floyd at Knebworth.jpg [ 109.67 KiB | Viewed 7358 times ]