Switch to full style
A place for discussion of general audio, music and related topics.
Post a reply

Where to sell.....

January 17th, 2023, 10:59 am

I have a few items to sell. Antique radios, tube and transistor; an Electrifier; antique tubes ( I mean like 1920s-1940s); tapes; records (maybe), cassette players, etc.

Suggestions as to where to list? Not fond of eBay. I've already listed a few on FB Marketplace. I tried Craigslist and all I got was an attempted scammer.

Thanks.

Stuart

Re: Where to sell.....

January 17th, 2023, 11:11 am

that is a tough one
Ebay is costly (10%) fee but you can try to pass it on to the buyer. Then there is the shipping.
I have found I have to have the packing set up first to determine shipping costs.
I have had good luck with Craigslist and have items picked up at my home.
I have sold many amps up to $2k this way. You do have to be a bit careful and vet the prospective buyers with a few good questions before inviting them into your home. I have done google search on some people first.
For smaller less expensive items I have waited for flee markets and that works but it takes a lot of work to pack up, set up tables etc.
You can always donate to Goodwill and take tax breaks if you go the itemized route. You can get $3 per LP write off.

January 17th, 2023, 11:55 am

Stuart Polansky wrote:I have a few items to sell. Antique radios, tube and transistor; an Electrifier; antique tubes ( I mean like 1920s-1940s); tapes; records (maybe), cassette players, etc.

Suggestions as to where to list? Not fond of eBay. I've already listed a few on FB Marketplace. I tried Craigslist and all I got was an attempted scammer.

Thanks.

Stuart

You might try these guys -- they're kind of an eBay for antique radios:
https://radioattic.com/index.htm

January 17th, 2023, 2:21 pm

We do have a swap meet section here. Small, but well targeted, audience...

Roscoe

January 17th, 2023, 2:44 pm

Create a for sale thread, and list the items.

January 17th, 2023, 4:49 pm

SoundMods wrote:
Stuart Polansky wrote:I have a few items to sell. Antique radios, tube and transistor; an Electrifier; antique tubes ( I mean like 1920s-1940s); tapes; records (maybe), cassette players, etc.

Thanks.

Stuart

You might try these guys -- they're kind of an eBay for antique radios:
https://radioattic.com/index.htm

I saw that site. I don't see where to list an item to sell, only what they have for sale. Did I miss something?

I've tried to join a couple of other antique radio sites and FB pages. Still no reply to my request for admission to the group.

As to listing on this site, I will, but I'd be surprised if there was any interest.

These aren't audiophile approved items!

Slick

January 17th, 2023, 4:59 pm

[/quote]

I saw that site. I don't see where to list an item to sell, only what they have for sale. Did I miss something?

I've tried to join a couple of other antique radio sites and FB pages. Still no reply to my request for admission to the group.

As to listing on this site, I will, but I'd be surprised if there was any interest.

These aren't audiophile approved items!

Slick[/quote]
I didn't spend any time on it, but it appeared that it was like eBay. Are your antique radios restored and full functioning?

January 17th, 2023, 7:39 pm

Not at all restored. In need of complete restoration. But complete.

One item is brand new in the box! An RCA- CV-45 Electrifier!

January 17th, 2023, 9:28 pm

RCA- CV-45 Electrifier was used to replace batteries in 1950 radios
Post a reply