Switch to full style
A place for discussion of general audio, music and related topics.
Post a reply

Whats left in the way of hifi stores in the DC area

November 8th, 2021, 9:41 pm

A friend asked a question today about where to buy god quality hifi equipment that I couldn't answer despite having started my audio technology life in the DC hifi store world almost fifty years ago. She isn't looking for anything esoteric, just a good solid playback system probably with installation. Where in the DC area can one go for that sort of thing these days?

Re: Whats left in the way of hifi stores in the DC area

November 8th, 2021, 10:04 pm

Very few brick and Mordor stores left
Let Google be your friend
I have two friends that sell out of their homes
PM me and I will let you know

November 8th, 2021, 10:12 pm

JS Audio is still around, it seems.
http://jsaudio.com/

Riley Casey wrote:A friend asked a question today about where to buy god quality hifi equipment that I couldn't answer despite having started my audio technology life in the DC hifi store world almost fifty years ago. She isn't looking for anything esoteric, just a good solid playback system probably with installation. Where in the DC area can one go for that sort of thing these days?

November 8th, 2021, 10:13 pm

Try this link -

https://www.yelp/search?cflt=hifi&find_ ... unty%2C+MD

November 9th, 2021, 2:36 am

Evolution Audio

Command AV

Deja Vu Audio

Magnolia in Best Buys

November 9th, 2021, 5:34 am

If the person in question was my friend I would point her toward Emotiva and then do the install for her.

November 9th, 2021, 11:16 am

brombo wrote:If the person in question was my friend I would point her toward Emotiva and then do the install for her.

A buddy, that now lives in Spain, is very much an audiophile and a musician, bought an Emotiva power amp. and has nothing but good to say about it.
Post a reply