DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 13th, 2021, 3:54 pm 

I have been using Daphile to run my two music servers and have been quite happy. Occasionally we will have people over that want to hear some music selections I don't have on my NAS. They are things I would not normally listen too but for the purpose of demonstration they are usually on Spotify. Daphile has an app written by one of the users that will allow use of Spotify with Daphile but I have been unable to get it to work even remotely like the Spotify app on my PC. I finally gave up trying and found a low cost streamer that will connect to any audio system. In addition to Spotify, it will stream Qobuz, Tidal, Amazon and others. The price was right and setup was very easy. I'm sure there are better streamers out there, but to get your feet wet, this may be the way to go for some of you.

Tom

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LW2MCCD?ps ... ct_details

PostPosted: September 13th, 2021, 5:06 pm 

I know Andover is a good company
They make that TT console thingy that sounds great for a college student
I saw/heard it at the last Axpona I was at. They also make a great$499 pair of headphones
https://www.andoveraudio.com/

PostPosted: September 13th, 2021, 11:18 pm 

tomp wrote:
I have been using Daphile to run my two music servers and have been quite happy. Occasionally we will have people over that want to hear some music selections I don't have on my NAS. They are things I would not normally listen too but for the purpose of demonstration they are usually on Spotify. Daphile has an app written by one of the users that will allow use of Spotify with Daphile but I have been unable to get it to work even remotely like the Spotify app on my PC. I finally gave up trying and found a low cost streamer that will connect to any audio system. In addition to Spotify, it will stream Qobuz, Tidal, Amazon and others. The price was right and setup was very easy. I'm sure there are better streamers out there, but to get your feet wet, this may be the way to go for some of you.

Tom

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LW2MCCD?ps ... ct_details

My dear friend Jim, a devout audiophile, has retired and lives in Lewes. He's still using a good CD trasnport and DAC. I tried to set him up with fancy streamers and it was just a disaster. He bought a Songbird and absolutely loves it. Feeds the optical to his very fancy DAC and says the sound is just fine.