DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Amazing technology
PostPosted: December 31st, 2020, 8:06 pm 

Yes, the hoverboard is impressive, but I was thinking of future robots that can do somersaults, rather like a gymnast. Even before attempting to perform the somersault, some brain has to work out how to do it.

And to develop the theme a little, do you think AI could come up with 'better' audio circuits than what we have now? And note that I am not going to define 'better'. Perhaps 'different' would be more suitable.

ray

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2021, 8:16 pm 

ratbagp wrote:
Yes, the hoverboard is impressive, but I was thinking of future robots that can do somersaults, rather like a gymnast. Even before attempting to perform the somersault, some brain has to work out how to do it.

Balancing functions are already worked out. The natural state of the gyro based wheels and robots is balanced. It takes extra effort to bring them down. Think of them like airplanes in flight which are extremely stable and it takes lot of effort to make them fall.

Quote:
And to develop the theme a little, do you think AI could come up with 'better' audio circuits than what we have now? And note that I am not going to define 'better'. Perhaps 'different' would be more suitable.

ray

Elon musk want to stream music directly to your brain.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/07/ ... our-brain/

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2021, 8:24 pm 

One of my friends has been working in the AI field for more than twenty years and here is his take on the dancing robots. Amongst other things, he worked with a team scheduling viewing time on the Hubble.
_________

Many, many advances in software and robotics have been considered AI until after the fact at which point they are understood in enough detail that they become engineering.

I think the demo on the video could truly be considered AI, if someone had a discussion with the robots, showed them some videos of people dancing, and the robots themselves choreographed the dance moves. I say this not trying to diminish the technology developed for them to do what is displayed.

_________
He agreed with my followup message

I suppose one principle of AI is that the device observes, copies and improves over time.

ray

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2021, 8:50 pm 

ratbagp wrote:
One of my friends has been working in the AI field for more than twenty years and here is his take on the dancing robots. Amongst other things, he worked with a team scheduling viewing time on the Hubble.
_________

I think the demo on the video could truly be considered AI, if someone had a discussion with the robots, showed them some videos of people dancing, and the robots themselves choreographed the dance moves.

[/i]

ray

Exactly.

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2021, 7:02 pm 

Not AI, but also no comparison to assembly line robots that are fixed with 6 to 7 degrees of freedom with minimum ability to asses their environments . Spot (the dog) probably has over 20 DoF, assess his terrain, and constantly assesses his position, CG and environment. Atlas probably has considerably more.
JJJ

PostPosted: January 4th, 2021, 12:02 am 

Elon musk want to stream music directly to your brain.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/07/ ... our-brain/[/quote]
A buddy of mine patented the tech for converting brain waves into music. The reverse does not seem so extreme. Just imagine listening to music without speakers or headphones.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2021, 7:28 am 

Is the ringing in my ears constitute music

PostPosted: January 4th, 2021, 11:22 pm 

Pelliott321 wrote:
Is the ringing in my ears constitute music

I was going to say, I already have a bit of a symphony going on in mine. :-( A nuisance but not intolerable, yet...

PostPosted: January 5th, 2021, 8:58 am 

Mine comes and goes and is only noticeable if the environment is very quite

PostPosted: January 14th, 2021, 10:25 am 

For everyone but Sashi

As a follow up to the dancing robots

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2SpNjBI1lu0&feature=share

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next