DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently January 18th, 2021, 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: COVID-19 Vaccine
PostPosted: December 13th, 2020, 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: July 24th, 2015, 4:17 pm
Posts: 1343
Location: Parkville, Maryland
Cogito wrote:
ratbagp wrote:
Cogito wrote:
Ray,

How can you consider the Aussie vaccine safe when it triggering unexpected responses according to the article you linked?


The vaccine did not give you HIV. It was developed point using HIV antibodies and the problem was that traces of the antibodies got into your blood stream. If you were then tested for HIV, the presence of antibodies would give a false positive even though you did not have HIV. More about it below.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-11/covid19-vaccine-csl-uq-hiv-element-what-went-wrong/12973952

ray


While that might be true, it’s an attempt to explain the likely cause, not a scientific statement. The researchers decided to abandon the vaccine before any scientific investigation, which says a lot.

My point is, how do we know if a vaccine is safe?

I want to know how does it sound? :crazy:

_________________
Walt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: COVID-19 Vaccine
PostPosted: December 13th, 2020, 11:03 am 
Offline

Joined: February 28th, 2013, 1:19 pm
Posts: 516
My personal interpretation of a "General Discussion" section is for Audio related discussion not related to a Project, items of interest to the audiophile community, discussion of non-DIY audio equipment that the poster found of interest. Etc. I agree with Grover, this is not the forum to discuss politics.

That being said, I think a "OffTopic" section *MIGHT* be a good addition for those who want to talk about things outside of Audio in general. Alot of us know each other personally from meets, shows, and many are good friends. However we are a group of varied opinions. I believe when potentially divisive topics have come up during in-person (pre-Covid) discussions, we are generally better behaved and have the self control and respect for the other person to hold back a bit if we have a contrary political or social opinion. The problem I see with an OffTopic discussion on a message board such as this is that normal social restraints are unbounded, and we begin to get upset and lose the respect we have for the person we disagree with. There is too much potential of hurt and bad feelings that can carry over into our DIY and audio discussions.

I likely have different political opinions than Roscoe or Stuart, just to pick two, but that does not diminish the fact that they are both friends of mine in this community. There are just topics we do not discuss, or if we do, we RESPECTFULLY disagree. If we had an OffTopic or OpenTopic section, it would HAVE to be moderated to keep people from saying things that are hurtful and divisive and implement "timeouts" for people who overstep the bounds. I am have been guilty of this in discussions, there is just too much temptation in a forum to try to "top" someone else, to be so convinced of the "rightness" of your argument that you end up causing ill-feelings and loss of respect. Frankly, my reply right now is probably over "righteous". Moderating discussion take time and responsibility, and a clear set of rules or guidelines on online behavior so that decisions to not appear arbitrary. That is a lot of responsibly for the host of this board, Roscoe, to undertake, and probably more than he wants to do.

So maybe the better course of action is to ban non-Audio/music related discussion on this board. There are other forums that provide this. We are a DIY audio community, lets keep it that way.

Sorry for the length.

David


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: COVID-19 Vaccine
PostPosted: December 13th, 2020, 11:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: January 15th, 2015, 7:19 am
Posts: 1354
Location: Baltimore MD
I agree with you Dave this is the dcaudiodiy board.
Yes we could have an off topic thread, that would be easy to do and I do apologize for going off topic the few times I did.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: COVID-19 Vaccine
PostPosted: December 13th, 2020, 11:23 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: February 28th, 2013, 10:38 am
Posts: 1402
"General Discussion

A place for discussion of general audio, music and related topics."

_________________
I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: COVID-19 Vaccine
PostPosted: December 15th, 2020, 10:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: July 17th, 2016, 6:24 am
Posts: 848
You guys need to ease up a little and enjoy ......


This will help

https://youtu.be/ykTSYyNnGxQ

_________________
Shashi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: COVID-19 Vaccine
PostPosted: December 16th, 2020, 12:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: July 24th, 2015, 4:17 pm
Posts: 1343
Location: Parkville, Maryland
I've been taking a "vaccine" now for months with no ill effects. It is a barrel-aged product from Scotland. :crazy:

_________________
Walt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: COVID-19 Vaccine
PostPosted: December 16th, 2020, 7:49 am 
Offline

Joined: February 28th, 2013, 1:19 pm
Posts: 516
SoundMods wrote:
I've been taking a "vaccine" now for months with no ill effects. It is a barrel-aged product from Scotland. :crazy:


I have long been an advocate for "The Scottish Cure". The old ones from Islay (Ardbeg or Lagavulin) are particularly effective!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: COVID-19 Vaccine
PostPosted: December 16th, 2020, 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: July 24th, 2015, 4:17 pm
Posts: 1343
Location: Parkville, Maryland
David McGown wrote:
SoundMods wrote:
I've been taking a "vaccine" now for months with no ill effects. It is a barrel-aged product from Scotland. :crazy:


I have long been an advocate for "The Scottish Cure". The old ones from Islay (Ardbeg or Lagavulin) are particularly effective!

That's my preference as well.

Cheers! :obscene-drinkingcheers:

_________________
Walt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: COVID-19 Vaccine
PostPosted: December 16th, 2020, 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 14th, 2013, 2:19 pm
Posts: 815
I regularly participate in a moderated automotive board with lots of subject matter categories. Moderators won't tolerate way off subject matters and will move topics to a more suitable category. However, for open discussions, unmoderated and out of "public" view, there is "The Clubhouse". It requires a special password to enter, and the warnings are plain for all to see, that anything goes in there, so don't complain about someone else's language or behavior.

Perhaps, for these sorts of discussions, a clubhouse-like menu option might be suitable, because this sure ain't audio related!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: COVID-19 Vaccine
PostPosted: December 16th, 2020, 4:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: July 24th, 2015, 4:17 pm
Posts: 1343
Location: Parkville, Maryland
Stuart Polansky wrote:
I regularly participate in a moderated automotive board with lots of subject matter categories. Moderators won't tolerate way off subject matters and will move topics to a more suitable category. However, for open discussions, unmoderated and out of "public" view, there is "The Clubhouse". It requires a special password to enter, and the warnings are plain for all to see, that anything goes in there, so don't complain about someone else's language or behavior.

Perhaps, for these sorts of discussions, a clubhouse-like menu option might be suitable, because this sure ain't audio related!

I agree. Sasha apparently does not understand that this is a DIY audio format. He introduced dialog for firearms and COVID. "My bad" for even participating at any level.

_________________
Walt


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group