Switch to full style
A place for discussion of general audio, music and related topics.
Topic locked

Re: July 11th at my place

June 29th, 2020, 9:59 am

Off topic:
What is your source of COVID-19 information?

If you believe in science, Watch this 2 min video.

http://twitter.com/FatEmperor/status/1275841060204396551

June 29th, 2020, 10:43 am

Pelliott321 wrote:does not matter its too soon

I am not suggesting anyone to ignore the COVID-19 guidelines. Just saying there lot of BS in the media about COVID-19.

For example, please keep talking about increased infections in the south no one mentions the fact that mortality rate is not increasing, which is a good news.

June 29th, 2020, 10:57 am

Cogito wrote:Off topic:

How about the University of Maryland Medical Center where my wife is a provider? Is that good enough for you?

June 29th, 2020, 11:03 am

SoundMods wrote:
Cogito wrote:Off topic:

How about the University of Maryland Medical Center where my wife is a provider? Is that good enough for you?

No.

Look at the image below for COVID-19 status in MD.

F46D5F70-38B6-4B3D-9A05-E7ADA312E937.png

June 29th, 2020, 11:15 am

Look at the image below for COVID-19 status in MD.

[/quote]

I have not been sick -- I am not going to get sick (if i can help it) -- and I have no intention of putting myself out there when there is no vaccine in sight.

I enjoy this hobby very much -- I like visiting other DIYs -- but a visit with a group is not on my list of things to do at this point.

I would enjoy hosting a meet myself -- the thing is that COVID is sneaky -- it "travels" without making the carrier sick only to make someone else sick. WTF?! :sick:

At the hospital -- they've had COVID patients that survived -- and COVID patients that died within 24 hours of admittance.

Essentially a viral version of Russian Roulette. :sad-roulette:

June 29th, 2020, 11:25 am

We can't stay home forever. At some point, we need to get out.

The five or so guys who would show up isn't going to be a problem. It's not like we are going to be around hundreds of people.

Have a temperature gun? Take my temperature. I have it taken every time I go into a data center. I haven't been to out of country. I have no desire to go to New York or whatever city they have designated as a hot spot.

PS: I wonder how many non-virus deaths are included in the virus deaths, or how many non-virus illnesses are included in the virus illness. Science and medicine is becoming politicized. I don't trust certain stats, as well as anecdotal stories.

If they don't want to go, that's their problem. More meat for us!

(Roscoe: you are bringing meat, right?)

June 29th, 2020, 11:27 am

SoundMods wrote:Look at the image below for COVID-19 status in MD.

I have not been sick -- I am not going to get sick (if i can help it) -- and I have no intention of putting myself out there when there is no vaccine in sight.

I enjoy this hobby very much -- I like visiting other DIYs -- but a visit with a group is not on my list of things to do at this point.

I would enjoy hosting a meet myself -- the thing is that COVID is sneaky -- it "travels" without making the carrier sick only to make someone else sick. WTF?! :sick:

At the hospital -- they've had COVID patients that survived -- and COVID patients that died within 24 hours of admittance.

Essentially a viral version of Russian Roulette. :sad-roulette:
[/quote]

I respect the individual decisions. I am just highlighting the fact that we don't get full and accurate information in the news.

June 29th, 2020, 11:39 am

I know things are pretty good here in MD But why take the chance.
I do go to the grocery store twice a week and now that my gym is back open I am going practically every day. but I keep my distance and do not talk to anyone.
I'm in the age group that once you get infected it can get very bad.

June 29th, 2020, 11:51 am

Pelliott321 wrote:I know things are pretty good here in MD But why take the chance.
I do go to the grocery store twice a week and now that my gym is back open I am going practically every day. but I keep my distance and do not talk to anyone.
I'm in the age group that once you get infected it can get very bad.

Exactly. COVID can be mild like a very bad cold -or- COVID can be deadly beyond what pneumonia can do on its own.
I cook-in daily and would love to eat out again. That's not going to happen either -- too soon.

June 29th, 2020, 12:25 pm

I eat out everyday: WaWa/Sheetz/Royal Farms, Guapos, Italian Deli's, and some fast food.
Topic locked