Switch to full style
A place for discussion of general audio, music and related topics.
Post a reply

New line of pro drivers from Eminence

December 13th, 2019, 3:12 pm

Eminence has a new line of pro drivers that looks very interesting. Here is a link and there is a good photo of my fellow MWAF judge Jerry McNutt.

https://audioxpress.com/news/eminence-l ... io-woofers

Re: New line of pro drivers from Eminence

December 13th, 2019, 3:52 pm

None of them does much below 50Hz, but they have the audacity to call them subwoofers rather than the much more accurate woofers...

Of course, the marketing bozos at Tang Band sell 2" drivers they asininely call "subwoofers" even though they don't so anything below 150Hz :angry-banghead:

Roscoe

December 13th, 2019, 3:57 pm

I presume, Tom, that you are building new egg speakers to hold the 21" model.

ray

December 13th, 2019, 4:31 pm

Roscoe Primrose wrote:None of them does much below 50Hz, but they have the audacity to call them subwoofers rather than the much more accurate woofers...

Of course, the marketing bozos at Tang Band sell 2" drivers they asininely call "subwoofers" even though they don't so anything below 150Hz :angry-banghead:

Roscoe

It has an Fs of 29 Hz and an XMax of 19mm in a 21" driver. Most subs now have DSP to provide more output at low frequencies and there is sufficient linear volume displacement to handle boost and provide prodigeous low bass.

December 13th, 2019, 4:32 pm

ratbagp wrote:I presume, Tom, that you are building new egg speakers to hold the 21" model.

ray

The 21" is a little small for a tweeter. :crazy:
Post a reply