DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: December 8th, 2018, 2:06 pm 

Cogito wrote:
Pelliott321 wrote:
No, vote for whomever.
I apologize for making an observation that maybe considered political.

It is not a political statement.
It falls in the same class of rhetoric like claimimg all white people are racists.

Or whatever is applicable to the talking point. Repeating it does not make it true.

But, it is political. It's all political. Going around telling that Trump is trying to ban audio shows is political. Plus, it's a flat out lie.

Audiophiles are political enough with analogue vs. digital arguments. Don't need real politics continuously shoved down out throats like the news, entertainment, TV, movies, music, sports, and social media like forums.

One a side note, one time I was thinking of buying a product from a C.A.F. vendor. I was indecisive. After that, I overheard that person talking to a C.A.F. regular about Trump. It's safe to say that I will vote with my wallet and not ever buy a single thing from that vendor.

Hell, even at a C.A.F. dinner, had a regular with their constant political mouthing.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2018, 2:12 pm 

On a different note. When the first Mars lander landed (Viking). Ray Bradbury was in NASA mission control at JPL and was asked where are the Martians. He said

"Don't be a fool, WE are the Martians! We're going to be here for the next million years. At long last, WE ARE MARTIANS!"

That was the end of the interview.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2018, 3:28 pm 

Quote:
But, it is political. It's all political.

Calling 63 million people names just because they voted differently is not politics.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2018, 3:49 pm 

Cogito wrote:
Quote:
But, it is political. It's all political.

Calling 63 million people names just because they voted differently is not politics.

It's all politically motivated. To discredit, insult, and manipulate for an agenda. Heard it from politicians, talking heads, and from the average joe smoe. Racist because we didn't vote for this specific black guy. Sexist because we didn't vote for the this specific woman. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Meanwhile, we voted for the woman Vice President and supported a few black Presidential candidates along the way.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2018, 4:27 pm 

mix4fix wrote:
It's all politically motivated. To discredit, insult, and manipulate for an agenda. Heard it from politicians, talking heads, and from the average joe smoe. Racist because we didn't vote for this specific black guy. Sexist because we didn't vote for the this specific woman. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Meanwhile, we voted for the woman Vice President and supported a few black Presidential candidates along the way.

I dont like this post. Frankly, stinks.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2018, 4:42 pm 

Cogito wrote:
mix4fix wrote:

I dont like this post. Frankly, stinks.

I don't know what the issue is. Paul made this science thread political so get mad at him. This is just banter on semantics.

PostPosted: December 9th, 2018, 4:17 pm 

What does that mean?

PostPosted: December 9th, 2018, 5:31 pm 

Stuart Polansky wrote:
Pelliott321 wrote:
You are hearing sound from another planet. How cool is that.

Trumpers still believe the world is flat so they can’t hear anything

Is this board now only suitable for leftists? I voted for President Trump. So I guess in your eyes that makes me an ignorant neanderthal.

I have had political disagreements with many friends. In order to maintain those friendships, which I find important to me, we avoid those topics, and as a rule, certainly do not show disdain or disrespect to each other.

Paul and others repeatedly attack conservatives on this board, most recently he attacked Sashi for the same political beliefs. Another member joined in the ridicule.

I am very willing to fight back. However, this SHOULD NOT be the forum in which to conduct that sort of argument. Roscoe, is this the new norm? Cause if it is, I'll no longer keep my mouth shut any time some arrogant bastard decides to attack me.

You'll have a full time job deleting my posts and the audio aspects of this group will get buried.

This isn't a criticism of you -- a large number of voters got sucked in by Trump's bullshit. Most of the printed news that has been fed by Whitehouse insiders and other leaders and VIPSs is laced with the common thread of their comments is that the man does not know what he is doing and is doing much damage here and globally. Coming from someone with actual experience -- I found out that U.S. steel makers instead of being competitive with China has simply raised their prices to match the Tariff loaded Chinese prices. WTF?!

PostPosted: December 9th, 2018, 5:52 pm 

Meanwhile back to the fact that you can hear the wind from MARS!

PostPosted: December 9th, 2018, 6:12 pm 

SoundMods wrote:
This isn't a criticism of you -- a large number of voters got sucked in by Trump's bullshit.

Can you give me two examples of such false propoganda?

Quote:
Coming from someone with actual experience -- I found out that U.S. steel makers instead of being competitive with China has simply raised their prices to match the Tariff loaded Chinese prices.

In the last 80s and early 80s, I was working in civil engineering. I am aware of the troubles of steel dumping (at that time, Japan) and its effect on US steel companies.

Let me tell you a secret. No country can compete with China in its present business paradigm. Even the countries with low labor cost like India cannot compete with China. Last time I was there, was surprised to China is dumping even cheap plastic stuff.

Since the Bill Clinton's days, it is well known fact that China is artificially keeping its currency value low, so its exports are cheaper. China was devalued as much as 40%. Every US president since Bill Clinton tried to convince China to correct the valuation of its currency but failed miserably. In addition, China gives huge tax incentives to exports making their products even cheaper. Chinese Communist Party's business philosophy is not making profit, it is accumulation of wealth and technology.

The US politicians and business community has supported this paradigm for their own selfish reasons. For the businesses, production costs came down (by shifting the production facilities to China) and the politicians did not have to worry about inflation.

Coming back to the subject Steel industry, China built massive steel production capacity. Its goal is to become the world's steel supplier. They lured Australia into exporting all their iron ore production to China. Stupid Australian politicians welcomed the increase in revenues, not realizing that in the long run, they become dependent on China for steel.

It is absolutely not possible for any country to compete with China's steel dumping. That is the reason for Trump's steel tarrifs, to give the domestic industry fair prices and chance to survive.

Fortunately for us, Trump is the first President who is trying to make US less dependent of cheap Chinese imports. That is one of the reason independent voters like me voted for him.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next