Switch to full style
A place for discussion of general audio, music and related topics.
Post a reply

How are Victor turntables?

November 9th, 2018, 5:57 am

Victor TT-71 with 5045 arm.

Re: How are Victor turntables?

November 9th, 2018, 8:34 am

Looks like a pretty good looking TT. The only real problem I see is there are no motor speed controls. No servo, not even a pitch control, so you are at the mercy of what ever speed it's set at.
Also it looks like there were many different configs, different plinths etc.

November 9th, 2018, 10:28 am

From what I can find on-line, it is a servo-controlled design. It looks like any speed adjustments are internal, so it's a set it once and forget it....

Roscoe

November 9th, 2018, 12:22 pm

Victor does make servo controlled tables but I read the "71" is not

November 9th, 2018, 12:26 pm

The info here: http://www.thevintageknob.org/jvc-TT-81.html says it is...

Roscoe

November 9th, 2018, 12:30 pm

"The TT-71 is an 81 without +/- servo, no pitch control, an even simplified stroboscope circuit and a solenoid-activated braking pad."

It dose say there is a servo in the positive line

November 9th, 2018, 12:34 pm

early 80's that depend on a lot of electronics. How would you ever fix it? I like the looks. Put it in a heavy plinth and take your chances

November 9th, 2018, 12:42 pm

Pelliott321 wrote:early 80's that depend on a lot of electronics. How would you ever fix it? I like the looks. Put it in a heavy plinth and take your chances

It's all discreet electronics, so IF you could find a schematic, you can probably find suitable replacement parts for everything in there. Kinda like my Denon DP-3000 ;)

Roscoe

November 9th, 2018, 1:47 pm

Somebody's pawning one off on Audio Circle for $200 shipped. I would probably want it checked/fixed like my amp is going to be now. Recent discussion has people offering tables here so I am window shopping. Tube has one for like $500?

November 9th, 2018, 3:20 pm

could not find a 71 on AC
there was a 31, not pictures I would be cautious
get the owner to send pictures
Post a reply