Switch to full style
A place for discussion of general audio, music and related topics.
Post a reply

Re: Digital Music Server

May 11th, 2021, 9:50 pm

David McGown wrote:Just saw this posted on HQPlayer, a direct comparison of the software against the Chord Hugo M Scaler on Chord TT2 and DAVE DACs. Pretty interesting article on the capabilities, flexibility, and performance of the $260 software vs the cost of the M Scaler ($5000).

https://audiobacon.net/2021/03/17/hqpla ... M%20Scaler.

It does look pretty interesting.

One additional benefit I don't think is discussed in the article of the M Scaler over HQPlayer is its simplicity. I have had HQPlayer for years on a Windows PC but I have rarely used it. I found the HQPlayer software to be extremely capable and confusing as to optimal settings. I also have HQPlayer on my Linux Roon Server and I have never used it. With the M Scaler, especially with the Chord DACs it's just a match made in heaven, plug and play and all you want to do is listen to music. I suppose whenever I find the time and inclination to experiment with HQPlayer, I will (which is why I bought it).

Re: Digital Music Server

May 11th, 2021, 10:38 pm

Don Diego wrote:
David McGown wrote:Just saw this posted on HQPlayer, a direct comparison of the software against the Chord Hugo M Scaler on Chord TT2 and DAVE DACs. Pretty interesting article on the capabilities, flexibility, and performance of the $260 software vs the cost of the M Scaler ($5000).

https://audiobacon.net/2021/03/17/hqpla ... M%20Scaler.

It does look pretty interesting.

One additional benefit I don't think is discussed in the article of the M Scaler over HQPlayer is its simplicity. I have had HQPlayer for years on a Windows PC but I have rarely used it. I found the HQPlayer software to be extremely capable and confusing as to optimal settings. I also have HQPlayer on my Linux Roon Server and I have never used it. With the M Scaler, especially with the Chord DACs it's just a match made in heaven, plug and play and all you want to do is listen to music. I suppose whenever I find the time and inclination to experiment with HQPlayer, I will (which is why I bought it).

I don't have a Chord but I completely agree about HQPlayer. For some it's tweak heaven, for me it's a quantum set of variables I don't have the patience to deal with. The whole evening goes by and I've listened to three minutes of music over and over again. ;-)
Post a reply