Switch to full style
A place to discuss member's DIY audio projects & post pictures/schematics. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Question for the engineers TL formulas from MJK

November 17th, 2017, 7:28 pm

Hey so I have a really technical question for the engineers :D
You know I like you guys. I don't always listen to you, but I do appreciate the information you are willing to give me!
I'm here on the MJK tables for TL design:
http://www.quarter-wave.com/TLs/Alignment_Tables.pdf

Pg. 3,4, and 12

I'm trying to figure out how to get from DR to So.

So is an area by my estimation that should be close to the SD of the driver which is approx. 50sq inches.

DR is defined as a scaling ratio from table 3, for an approx. .30 Qts woofer which is .1313, times the drivers voice coil resistance, which is 6.1 ohms.

Then number I get for DR is .80093

I think i'm supposed to multiply .80093 times something to get So, which is an area specified in inches.

How do I get from .80093 to an area specified in inches which should be close to or a little bit over SD, which is approx. 50 sq inches?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Question for the engineers TL formulas from MJK

December 12th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Hey, so I guess you might think I didn't do my homework.

Obviously the formula in the little red box on pg. 3 gives me the information that I'm looking for.

The thing about the formula in the red box is that is contains several variables that are not explicitly defined in the document in which the formula is found, and no reference is made as to where I can find the definition of these variables.
Post a reply