Switch to full style
A place to discuss member's DIY audio projects & post pictures/schematics. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Soldering Project Need help near Alexandria

November 7th, 2017, 1:30 pm

Hey all,

I just bought a new amplifier. My tube amp blew up :o

The new piece is a McIntosh MC162 and it has the Old School incandescent lamps for the front panel illumination.

I have purchased an LED upgrade kit that consists of 10 (supposedly) directly replaceable LED's and two new blue screens for the meters.

From what I understand it's a relatively easy job to do the upgrade, but I'm wondering if somebody nearby might be willing to help me, as I am a little bit clumsy with a soldering iron, ( you would probably be doing most of the work ).

I'm in 22308 right near Old Town. I live with two elderly parents so I have to make arrangements to go out for the day, but I can pretty much be available any reasonable time.
Thanks Chris

Re: Soldering Project Need help near Alexandria

November 7th, 2017, 1:44 pm

I would suggest play it for a couple of months to be absolutely sure you will keep it for a while before venturing with mods. Often times, long term listening reveals nuances which you may or may not like.

Re: Soldering Project Need help near Alexandria

November 7th, 2017, 1:51 pm

I'd be happy to help. I'm in Annandale.
Post a reply