Switch to full style
A place to discuss member's DIY audio projects & post pictures/schematics. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

The eggs

October 25th, 2017, 7:28 pm

I got the eggs and bases today back from painting and had time to assemble one of the eggs. I have the other egg, the bases, and the crossover housings yet to finish. If any of you are going to the DC HiFI Group meeting Sunday it will be there.

Tom
Attachments
Final egg 2_small.jpg

Re: The eggs

October 25th, 2017, 9:42 pm

Looks very interesting. Looking forward to seeing them Sunday.

October 25th, 2017, 11:51 pm

Paint job looks great, Tom. Vrr nice.

October 26th, 2017, 8:38 am

Nice work.

October 26th, 2017, 9:34 pm

First cut at a quick snapshot of the final speaker. I'll have time for better photos this weekend.

Tom
Attachments
First complete photo_small.jpg

October 26th, 2017, 10:07 pm

What are the crossover frequencies of the three speakers and what are the speaker sizes.

October 27th, 2017, 8:39 am

How do they sound?

October 27th, 2017, 8:41 am

tomp wrote:I got the eggs and bases today back from painting and had time to assemble one of the eggs. I have the other egg, the bases, and the crossover housings yet to finish. If any of you are going to the DC HiFI Group meeting Sunday it will be there.

Tom

You mean Saturday, correct?

October 27th, 2017, 9:26 am

DaveR wrote:
tomp wrote:I got the eggs and bases today back from painting and had time to assemble one of the eggs. I have the other egg, the bases, and the crossover housings yet to finish. If any of you are going to the DC HiFI Group meeting Sunday it will be there.

Tom

You mean Saturday, correct?

You are correct on Saturdsy. Would have been lonely if I showed up on Sunday.

Tom

October 27th, 2017, 9:31 am

I'm enclosing data sheets on the three drivers. The crossovers are 12 dB/ octave LR but the crossover has a pass through option for tri-amping. The passive points are 200 and 2,000. This will keep the radiation patterns of the drivers the same at the crossover points. I'm starting with passive (ugh) but will move to active later when time permits for a direct comparison. My goal is to do the first listening today if I can finish wiring the connectors for the crossover.

Tom
Attachments
SATORI TW29R BLACK ring tweeter.pdf
(95.57 KiB) Downloaded 659 times
6in-SATORI-MW16P-4-OHM-REV-1.pdf
(531.92 KiB) Downloaded 709 times
12 in 295-467 dayton-audio-rss315ho-44-reference-ho-dvc-specifications.pdf
(240.82 KiB) Downloaded 668 times
Post a reply