Switch to full style
A place to discuss member's DIY audio projects & post pictures/schematics. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Re: What do you know about SLOBs?

May 24th, 2017, 2:33 pm

Roscoe Primrose wrote:I'll know more soon :confusion-confused:

I still need to build the other one ;)

Which one do you like better?

May 24th, 2017, 2:46 pm

Cogito wrote:Which one do you like better?

The SLOB. It's built so the main baffle is easily replaceable, I plan to try it with the 414/802-32B on a baffle at some point. I also have 12" co-axials by University, Tannoy & B&C to try, along with an 8" co-axial and several 8" full-range drivers. So many drivers, so little time ;)

Roscoe

May 24th, 2017, 5:59 pm

These pics are a little overdue, but here they are anyway.... I made the wings a bit deeper, and rounded the corners to help me avoid injury (again) :sad-roulette:

I also changed the subs to the Dayton PA-465s, which have a larger Xmax & a bit higher qts, the bass is quite a bit more solid now. I could live with these for a while :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Roscoe

August 31st, 2017, 9:51 am

Sometimes it's the simple things that make a huge difference...

Before adding the dowels as cross-braces the wings flapped so much with low bass playing that you could see it, now you can barely feel it. I think I'm going to need to redo the bass EQ now ;)

Roscoe

September 2nd, 2017, 8:07 pm

Yes, there is a huge improvement in the bass since I was there few months ago......

Roscoe's SLOBs

October 22nd, 2017, 11:21 am

Going to move the posts specific to my SLOBs here from the What do you know about SLOBS? thread, and add new ones as more development occurs..

Roscoe

Re: Roscoe's SLOBs

October 22nd, 2017, 8:17 pm

OK, so I'm not the guy you need to see about finishing wood... But, I think they look a bit better than bare plywood...

Roscoe

October 24th, 2017, 7:19 pm

Ok, back together after a second coat of stain on the baffles. Hopefully we won't scare anyone away this year just based on cosmetics alone....

October 24th, 2017, 9:27 pm

Looks good to me. Ready for the show!
Post a reply