Switch to full style
A place to discuss member's DIY audio projects & post pictures/schematics. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Re: Another project started

October 29th, 2017, 6:19 pm

It all matters is the sound.
Research states these are not Williamson design, but a copy of the Mullard 10. Schematic sort of looks Williamson to me, but I'm just a dumb white guy

October 31st, 2017, 4:01 pm

Pelliott321 wrote:I picked up a pair of completely rebuilt British Heathkit MA-12's to see if they are suitable for my Quads

As long as they are 20-watts or less per channel.

October 31st, 2017, 4:31 pm

I usually drive the Quads with a 200watt/ch SS monoblocks with no problems since I installed the clamping boards
The British MA-12 are underwhelming. They might be rare, might be valuable, but what I care about is the sound. I have tem for awhile and will give a closer listen after CAF. I do need to get rid of the hum.
Its a very good sounding hum!

October 31st, 2017, 4:42 pm

Pelliott321 wrote:I usually drive the Quads with a 200watt/ch SS monoblocks with no problems since I installed the clamping boards
The British MA-12 are underwhelming. They might be rare, might be valuable, but what I care about is the sound. I have tem for awhile and will give a closer listen after CAF. I do need to get rid of the hum.
Its a very good sounding hum!

You might want to road-test my modernized Radio Craftsman amps. A friend of mine drove a pair of Quads in a large room with a vaulted ceiling using a pair of stock Radio Craftsman amps. to good effect.

October 31st, 2017, 9:41 pm

You might also want to try OTL with Quads. If you are interested, can bring mine one of the weekends after CAF.
Post a reply