Switch to full style
A place to discuss member's DIY audio projects & post pictures/schematics. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Re: Open Baffle Planar servo sub speaker project

March 17th, 2017, 10:08 am

Thanks Hal, really looking forward to hearing those Megaliths some day.... SOON!

Stuart

August 12th, 2017, 9:01 pm

Got the new DSP crossover with uC and LCD display working with the open baffle line arrays. Still 8 channels, but now have remote control over input selection, filters, volume control and more.

Testing the new software and trying it out with MathAudio RoomEQ.
Attachments
WP_20170723_003.jpg

August 15th, 2017, 10:15 pm

The new DSP crossover integrated with the open baffle line arrays and servo sub arrays. All 22 amp channels running.

Running RoomEQ as well on the PC Music Server. Still 8 channels, but sounds really good to me with all music styles tried so far from classical music to stoner rock.
Attachments
WP_20170815_001.jpg

August 16th, 2017, 9:28 am

YIKES!

August 16th, 2017, 11:21 am

12 x 12" OB subs, not recommended for the faint of heart, but I'm looking forward to experiencing them at Rich's. I've heard the 6 x 12" OBs at CAF, stunningly good (pun intended), seamless integration with planars, and deep tight bass. Next year Sound Insight only brought a 4 x 12" setup to CAF, and they were a perfect match to Greg Takesh's full range magnetic planars, stupendous bass without any room boom, OB FTW!

August 16th, 2017, 11:31 am

HAL wrote:The new DSP crossover integrated with the open baffle line arrays and servo sub arrays. All 22 amp channels running.

Running RoomEQ as well on the PC Music Server. Still 8 channels, but sounds really good to me with all music styles tried so far from classical music to stoner rock.

Looks like that one wire on the right is hooked up wrong, better double check it ;)

Roscoe

August 16th, 2017, 1:15 pm

I saw one 6th down from the left that was hokey. :shock:

August 16th, 2017, 3:22 pm

All 300' of Belden speaker wire are tagged and correct to the planars and ribbons. Same as the 80' of XLR cables connecting the DSP crossover to the amps.

It is sounding very good indeed and has a palpable presence to acoustic instruments simply recorded. Full orchestral music has body and weight as in a concert hall. Makes me happy!

Lots of fun tweaking to go.

August 16th, 2017, 4:09 pm

We all get that. We've been busting your chops. :crazy:

After all that work -- if they didn't work -- we'd either be reading your obituary or the Fire Marshall's report. :o

August 16th, 2017, 4:49 pm

Been building electronics for over 40 years. Not going to have any problem with fire or death.

People can try to yank my chain, but I do not bite. Not worth the blood pressure rise.

Back to speakers.
Post a reply