Switch to full style
A place to discuss member's DIY audio projects & post pictures/schematics. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Re: Next turntable project....

April 16th, 2016, 8:32 am

Hi Roscoe,

Could you give an update on what you are doing for the plinth?

I am pondering doing something for my father's old Thorens 125 mk 2 with SME 3009.

ray

April 19th, 2016, 8:54 am

I haven't done anything with it since the picture was taken.

Too many irons in the fire....

Roscoe

April 21st, 2016, 9:54 am

Yes, all those darned irons from other tasks we need to juggle that don't help our projects progress - me, too.

April 21st, 2016, 10:30 am

Been spending half my time in Philly for the last month and a half but managed to get this TT almost done.

Rek o Kut T12H with a Karmadon silicone damped arm derived from the old Gray Research design, that I imported from Ukraine. This is pretty much for low compliance carts

I wanted to build this on soapstone but punked out and went with Home Depot ply. I glued a few marble tiles that came with the house (leftovers from the kitchen floor) onto the bottom for rigidity and mass.

Let me know if anyone wants to go in on a group buy of soapstone.

Ran out of Chrome Yellow Dupli-Color and can't find any around here...gotta restock at the South Philly Pep Boys!

Also took delivery of a long awaited custom walnut burl 301 base yesterday which I will outfit with one of my Schicks and my SPU.

and I also rigged up an additional Rek o Kut B12H with a 12" Schick and a Tonar Diabolic E.

Now, with many TTs staring me in the face, the fact that I don't have a phono preamp is radically apparent. I swear, it never ends.

With any luck I'll have a stereo by the end of 2016!
Attachments
IMG_1788[1].JPG

April 21st, 2016, 11:22 am

You might want to try Salvo Auto -- they carry Duplicolor products including "boy toy" colors.

April 21st, 2016, 11:25 am

J-ROB wrote:Ran out of Chrome Yellow Dupli-Color and can't find any around here...gotta restock at the South Philly Pep Boys!

If you're coming this way on Sat., there's a Pep Boys just off the exit in Manassas, might be worth checking there...

Roscoe

April 21st, 2016, 11:43 am

All-right, Manny Moe and Jack!! I'll check it out if I can make it out that way Sat.

Salvo Auto is out of my usual ambit but Ill keep it in mind if I do head North way.

There is actually no auto parts store whatsoever in NW DC. $600 lawyer shoes....no problem! Freakin' can of paint? No way!!

April 21st, 2016, 12:02 pm

WHAT?! You can't buy some spray paint at the Louis Vuitton store? I am shocked! :crazy:

April 21st, 2016, 12:54 pm

Certainly not in my color, alas...

April 21st, 2016, 8:04 pm

I like the mid-century modern legs on that plinth :thumbup:
Post a reply