All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: First Speaker Build
PostPosted: January 7th, 2015, 10:44 am 
Site Admin

More options here: http://electronics.mcmelectronics.com/s ... ip&x=0&y=0

Roscoe

PostPosted: January 8th, 2015, 10:00 am 

Thanks for the links. The projects I seem to always require pairs, but most I see are all rows of terminals. Can you cut these down easily or am I just not finding what I have seen other use. The phoenix style ones look interesting. Like the idea of the wires coming into them horizontally from the network and then a new wire connecting vertically going out to the drivers or terminals. Seems like a nice clean look. The ones I ordered last time were in banks of 8, but noticed a common connector going to all 8. Not really handy for my application and it was not worth sending them back so I just kept them in the hopes of someday being able to use them.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2015, 4:56 pm 

Very nice. I always seem to have a need for bass bins and at some point it may be just easier to learn how to build them as opposed to searching all over trying to find a pair. The part that jammed me up was cutting straight lines and round circles...never thought of reaching out for help..lol :confusion-confused:

Very inspiring

PostPosted: January 9th, 2015, 7:01 pm 

More than happy to help you build whatever you would like to build. I personally have never built a bass bin per sey, but I have built more than 10 car audio sub cabinets, some simple, others so complex in shape the only way to determine the internal volume was literally to fill it with water and weigh the water. That build was brutal. Normally a sub enclosure for most sq setups takes a weekend, more if you go crazy with sealant, but that enclosure took a month's worth of weekends.

Based on some googling I did for what the heck a bass bin was, I think we could put something together. Just let me know.

Jeff