A place to discuss member's DIY audio projects & post pictures/schematics. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Re: Trying out the new Radian LM10n planar speaker

January 3rd, 2024, 8:06 am

Have the updated baffles wired and first measurements done to update the DSP crossover for the LM10n.

The Parasound Z-AMP v3 needs RCA inputs and the dspNexus has XLR, so making some adapter cables. More measurements to integrate the 2x12 OB servo subs once I have all the cables built and installed.

The Monolith II's are updated versions of the speakers I brought to CAF2018.
Attachments
M2DSPXO-running.jpg

January 3rd, 2024, 8:28 am

Here is my go to document from Rane on making interconnect cables.
Attachments
Rane Sound_System_Interconnection.pdf
(462.62 KiB) Downloaded 537 times

January 3rd, 2024, 8:49 am

Tom,
Thanks! Will read it soon.

January 3rd, 2024, 11:09 pm

The system is playing music.

The GR NEO3 tweeter, Radian Audio LM10n midrange planars and GR-Research and Rythmik Audio 2x12 OB servo subs.

DSP crossover is the dspNexus 2x8 driving two Parasound Z-AMP v3's.

Some final measurements to adjust driver levels and it will be time for some music listening.
Attachments
M2SystemRunning.jpg

January 6th, 2024, 9:01 am

Did some DSP crossover rework of the Monoliths II with the LM10n planar midrange with the CLIO Pocket system measurements and this is the on-axis farfield response in the room.

Still have room modes to work on below 200Hz and possibly some tweeter response flattening that can be done.
Attachments
m2-FullResponse_v3-small.jpg

August 31st, 2024, 6:02 pm

Radian Audio now has a planar tweeter the LT3.2 to use with the LM10n planar.

A friend 3D printed an adapter to go between the original GR NEO3 planar tweeter mount and the LT3.2 mounting pattern.

Got both Monoliths2 baffles modified with the LT3.2's for some measurements and listening.
Attachments
MonolithsV2-wLT3_2TweeterAndAdaptor.jpg
Post a reply