DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: October 31st, 2021, 1:29 pm 

David McGown wrote:
Shashi,

That is probably way overkill for a linestage. A low-level source like a phono preamp maybe, but you may be wasting your money. I would build it first with a well designed supply conventional supply, use rectifiers that won't generate switching hash, and see how it sounds.

David

Probably, but this is a learning experience to me so….
Since the EMI filter comes as a full module, it should be very easy to insert and remove into the circuit.

PostPosted: November 17th, 2021, 4:46 pm 

Rant On:

I ordered All-in-One Aikido kit from GlassWare on October 27th.
From October 27th onwards, I sent email on Oct 28th and 29th to cancel the order. No response from GlassWare. They refunded $18 to my paypal account and shipped rest of the kit on November 5th. Since then I sent them 2 more emails. Still no response.

Never had this kind of experience with any online vendor until now.

Rant Off;

PostPosted: January 9th, 2022, 4:12 pm 

Cogito wrote:
Rant On:

I ordered All-in-One Aikido kit from GlassWare on October 27th.
From October 27th onwards, I sent email on Oct 28th and 29th to cancel the order. No response from GlassWare. They refunded $18 to my paypal account and shipped rest of the kit on November 5th. Since then I sent them 2 more emails. Still no response.

Never had this kind of experience with any online vendor until now.

Rant Off;

Update:

GlassWare/Broskie never responded to my emails. Fortunately I paid using PayPal. Few weeks ago, I decided to file a claim with Paypal seeking full refund and pre-paid return shipping to send the kit back. PayPal gives vendors 6 days to respond to their query. Like clockwork, on the 6th day, PayPal credited my account the amount I paid Glass-Ware store. And on the 9th, I received a return shipping label from GlassWare.

That is really odd. Broskie is just not communicating with his customers after receiving the payment. Once PayPal is involved, he was very prompt.

Does not speak well about Broskie/Glass-Ware's business practices.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2022, 4:47 pm 

Shashi,

Not quite sure what your problem was and why you canceled your order, so please do not take this the wrong way but just trying to put things in context. First, I doubt if Broskie makes much money on the kits, all of his prices are close to what you can buy direct from suppliers, and his boards, parts quality, and documentation are great. He is free with his IP, giving it away to the community on his TubeCAD blog. The biggest problem is with availability of boards/kits, I find he is often sold out of boards I am interested in. Seriously, he is a one-man shop, AFAIK, so may not be very responsive to someone changing his mind about the order after the fact. There have been one or maybe two backorders over the years that I never received, but I get far more from his blog than the cost of the boards. I think his time is more valuable spent on the creative end rather than the business end.

There have been people over the years that offered products and kits for serious money (thinking Welborne Labs as an example) who really ripped people off with non-delivery and deceptive practices.

David

PostPosted: January 9th, 2022, 7:31 pm 

David,

Very next day after placing the order, I decided not to build the Broskie’s preamp. Approached him immediately couple of times. No response from Broskie. Glassware website terms include 14-day returns (of unused products). I approached him several times asking for RMA, so I can ship the package. Again no response. As a last resort I filed a claim with PayPal.

I thought Broskie might be not feeling well or something, so I gave him benefit of doubt and waited about 45 days before approaching PayPal. He addressed the paypal request to clarify my situation promptly. That makes me believe he was ignoring my emails on purpose since the sale is already made. I might be wrong, but that’s the impression I got.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7