Switch to full style
A place to discuss member's DIY audio projects & post pictures/schematics. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Dynaco SCA80Q Selector Switch

November 5th, 2020, 2:54 pm

I am in desperate need of at least one wafer. Nearing the end of a project to refurbish one using an LM4780 chip amp in place of a failed power amp and recapped/re-resistored line/phono stage when I discovered the broken wafer.

It MAY becthe same as a PAT4. Does anyone have one or have a source for one. Ebay and Marketplace searches come up with nothing.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

Re: Dynaco SCA80Q Selector Switch

November 5th, 2020, 3:40 pm

Stuart Polansky wrote:I am in desperate need of at least one wafer. Nearing the end of a project to refurbish one using an LM4780 chip amp in place of a failed power amp and recapped/re-resistored line/phono stage when I discovered the broken wafer.

It MAY becthe same as a PAT4. Does anyone have one or have a source for one. Ebay and Marketplace searches come up with nothing.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

Is there any chance you can repair it? Two-part epoxy can be amazing in situations like that.

November 5th, 2020, 4:10 pm

I doubt if what I have is an exact replacement, but I do have a few selector switches that are new. Can you provide some details, perhaps a picture or two. I'll do the same, probably today.

November 5th, 2020, 5:20 pm

After looking at my progress pictures, I see that I broke the switch. As careful as I thought I was being, the bending moment from trying to neatly remove those 10k resistors obviously broke it.

Here are pictures of the damage and a section of the wiring diagram.

Thanks again.
Attachments
Upper_Break.jpg
Selector_Wiring.PNG
Broken_Wafer_Switch.jpg

November 5th, 2020, 5:25 pm

Another useless pic
Attachments
Lower_Break.jpg

November 5th, 2020, 5:28 pm

I took a look at what I have and they are both basic selector switches so I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to help you out. Good luck.

November 5th, 2020, 6:33 pm

Stuart Polansky wrote:After looking at my progress pictures, I see that I broke the switch. As careful as I thought I was being, the bending moment from trying to neatly remove those 10k resistors obviously broke it.

Here are pictures of the damage and a section of the wiring diagram.

Thanks again.

Hey Stu! Since the break is out of the way of any electrical connections -- and at the end of the wafer right at the mechanical connections -- I think you have a shot at a successful repair. Also I recommend cleaning the silver oxide off of the electrical connections.
Post a reply