DCAudioDIY.com

DC Area Audio DIYer's Community
It is currently March 28th, 2020, 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Wizard of OZ
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2020, 2:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: June 22nd, 2013, 11:00 am
Posts: 658
At the last meeting, you'll were arguing about house construction.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wizard of OZ
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2020, 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: July 24th, 2015, 4:17 pm
Posts: 1020
Location: Parkville, Maryland
tomp wrote:
No Problem. I was just trying to add a little to the history of imaging and the problems photographers and cinematographers had to deal with back then. BTW, my personal opinion is that some of the cinematographers in the days of B&W only did a phenomenal job of using lighting and composition to create moods with only shades of gray.


That's right. Efforts to colorize those old B&W movies only screwed them up. Although I would love to get a copy of the original The Day the Earth Stood Still colorized.

_________________
Walt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wizard of OZ
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2020, 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: July 24th, 2015, 4:17 pm
Posts: 1020
Location: Parkville, Maryland
mix4fix wrote:
At the last meeting, you'll were arguing about house construction.


That's right -- that's what we do. We butt heads. It's part entertainment and part frustration.

We pretty much have an unwritten agreement to disagree. WOO-WOO! :crazy:

_________________
Walt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wizard of OZ
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2020, 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: February 28th, 2013, 3:31 pm
Posts: 1278
SoundMods wrote:
mix4fix wrote:
At the last meeting, you'll were arguing about house construction.


That's right -- that's what we do. We butt heads. It's part entertainment and part frustration.

We pretty much have an unwritten agreement to disagree. WOO-WOO! :crazy:


Amen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wizard of OZ
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2020, 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: February 28th, 2013, 3:31 pm
Posts: 1278
SoundMods wrote:
tomp wrote:
No Problem. I was just trying to add a little to the history of imaging and the problems photographers and cinematographers had to deal with back then. BTW, my personal opinion is that some of the cinematographers in the days of B&W only did a phenomenal job of using lighting and composition to create moods with only shades of gray.


That's right. Efforts to colorize those old B&W movies only screwed them up. Although I would love to get a copy of the original The Day the Earth Stood Still colorized.


Klaato Barada Nikto


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wizard of OZ
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2020, 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: July 24th, 2015, 4:17 pm
Posts: 1020
Location: Parkville, Maryland
tomp wrote:
SoundMods wrote:
tomp wrote:
No Problem. I was just trying to add a little to the history of imaging and the problems photographers and cinematographers had to deal with back then. BTW, my personal opinion is that some of the cinematographers in the days of B&W only did a phenomenal job of using lighting and composition to create moods with only shades of gray.


That's right. Efforts to colorize those old B&W movies only screwed them up. Although I would love to get a copy of the original The Day the Earth Stood Still colorized.


Klaato Barada Nikto


I'd like to see the equivalent of Gort go to downtown Baltimore and do a little "house cleaning." It would be quick with no evidence left to document a work well done other than melted 9-mm hand guns.

_________________
Walt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wizard of OZ
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2020, 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: February 28th, 2013, 3:31 pm
Posts: 1278
A big got that right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wizard of OZ
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2020, 4:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: June 22nd, 2013, 11:00 am
Posts: 658
tomp wrote:
SoundMods wrote:
mix4fix wrote:
At the last meeting, you'll were arguing about house construction.


That's right -- that's what we do. We butt heads. It's part entertainment and part frustration.

We pretty much have an unwritten agreement to disagree. WOO-WOO! :crazy:


Amen


It wasn't a agreement discussion. You were on the same page but still found a way to argue with each other.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wizard of OZ
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2020, 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: July 24th, 2015, 4:17 pm
Posts: 1020
Location: Parkville, Maryland
That's right -- that's what we do. We butt heads. It's part entertainment and part frustration.

We pretty much have an unwritten agreement to disagree. WOO-WOO! :crazy:
[/quote]

Amen[/quote]

It wasn't a agreement discussion. You were on the same page but still found a way to argue with each other.[/quote]

And -- what makes you think it's any of your damn business!!!!!!!

_________________
Walt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wizard of OZ
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2020, 5:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: June 22nd, 2013, 11:00 am
Posts: 658
Being that you were standing in the middle of Roscoe's living room having this discussion, everybody was force to listen to it. You were louder than the stereo.

We couldn't mind our business because you are forcing on people.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group