Switch to full style
A place to discuss member's DIY audio projects & post pictures/schematics. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Re: Can anyone assist with building the ARTA Measurement Box

April 9th, 2019, 4:41 pm

SoundMods wrote:
I am not sure what you are asking to be able to help you. The application information on the internet is quite clear on the parts required to build the box (including photos) plus information regarding support devices to use it with a PC. ???

Haha - I guess when I Google the parts, there are several types of 910ohm resistors (e.g., 1/2 watt, 1/4 watt, metal film? etc. etc.)

I have no idea which ones to order. I can take a stab and create a list, but can someone verify if I have the right parts in my cart?

April 9th, 2019, 7:03 pm

dkalsi wrote:
SoundMods wrote:
I am not sure what you are asking to be able to help you. The application information on the internet is quite clear on the parts required to build the box (including photos) plus information regarding support devices to use it with a PC. ???

Haha - I guess when I Google the parts, there are several types of 910ohm resistors (e.g., 1/2 watt, 1/4 watt, metal film? etc. etc.)

I have no idea which ones to order. I can take a stab and create a list, but can someone verify if I have the right parts in my cart?

In this case I would order 1/2-watt metal film or metal oxide resistors. Just about any 1/2-watt metal films or metal oxides will do in your case because they are for a basic measuring instrument and will not be in a signal path. The 27-ohm resistors are already noted as 10-watt. The military designation would be RN-70 for 1/2-watt resistors.

April 9th, 2019, 7:49 pm

We all have to start somewhere. I remember getting my first box of stuff from Digikey and looking at the little plastic bags and thinking 'these must be the capacitor thingies'.

Attached is the list of stuff as I would order them from mouser.com I will leave the box to you.

We all have our favourites and I happen to like Mouser, but I do buy parts from elsewhere as well. Digikey and the other suppliers are fine. I hope this helps and that I have not made too many errors.

ray
Attachments
arta.pdf
(136.27 KiB) Downloaded 508 times

April 11th, 2019, 10:21 pm

ratbagp wrote:We all have to start somewhere. I remember getting my first box of stuff from Digikey and looking at the little plastic bags and thinking 'these must be the capacitor thingies'.

Attached is the list of stuff as I would order them from mouser.com I will leave the box to you.

We all have our favourites and I happen to like Mouser, but I do buy parts from elsewhere as well. Digikey and the other suppliers are fine. I hope this helps and that I have not made too many errors.

ray

Ray,

Thank you for posting the list. I ordered the parts included in your PDF. Goodluck to me :-)

Dhar

April 12th, 2019, 6:42 am

Hi Dhar,

Good luck with your project. If you run into problems, there are plenty of people who are willing to help you.

ray

April 12th, 2019, 7:30 am

Some of us even go all the way back to putting together Heathkits and Dynaco kits. SWTP (Southwest Technical Products) wasn't bad either.
Post a reply